ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
I’m doing a trip from Calais (after leaving home in the UK) through France to Basel. Then onto the Black Forest before heading over to Salzburg and from there back via Chamonix to Calais.
Does anyone have any hints/tips - my current plan is charging overnight at hotels where I can, but otherwise using IONITY stations. Also the best road to get from Salzburg to Chamonix - looking at doing it via Innsbruck.
Thanks Taycanners.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisM

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Great - thanks for the Taycan like speed response :)

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Indeed - search out @tigerbalm. I think there are 3 trips - European, Scandinavia and Scotland. It’s all in there. You had better set aside a couple of hours if you are going to read all of them - but it is worth the time, particularly if you are about to go on a long trip. Good luck!

OP
OP
ChrisM

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Partly a case of managing wife anxiety rather than range anxiety :)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have recently used the Ionity charger at Coquelles. Close to the tunnel exit. 7 chargers and works well. This could be a good start. I am planning a trip from Belgium to Deauvill next week. I will use that charger again.

In general fast charger coverage is better in Germany and Switzerland than in France.
I would use ABRP to plan your trip and make sure you know there is a back up charger not to far away.

Maybe a general tip : try to avoid to travel on a Saturday. Some fast chargers only have 2 or 3 chargers. Can be quite busy.

for traveling through France the automatic toll pass is also nice to have. Can save quite some time.
Sponsored