Everyone complains about Porsche's software but at least they didn't do this

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So we should not complain when the Taycan stalls while driving (alleged bug introduced in latest update) or when it bricks while charging because someone hacked into a Tesla?

I am certainly not a Tesla fanboy but when I read the article I also noticed they already fixed the vulnerability with their latest OTA update. So to my ears that sounds like a plus for Tesla since they were able to fix and deploy a fix.

Last edited:

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche software still sucks, so there's that.

But everything else about the Taycan makes up for it. The design, materials, build quality, performance, driving dynamics, and the list goes on.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Mmm.. dont be suprised when someone hacks into a Taycan..its not a question of if but when... and my guess is that it will take a while for porsche to address the hack.. hope they can do it via OTA.
In a twist, maybe the hackers could do Porsche a favor and fix the software then charge them to release the fix and ultimately get hired for lots of money.:like:

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Mmm.. dont be suprised when someone hacks into a Taycan..its not a question of if but when... and my guess is that it will take a while for porsche to address the hack.. hope they can do it via OTA.
Luckily Taycans are far less common than Teslas (which are like the iPhone of the automotive world).

Popular cars = popular targets for thieves because there's a bigger market for them.

Phone thieves never go after Android phones to the same degree ?

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Luckily Taycans are far less common than Teslas (which are like the iPhone of the automotive world).

Popular cars = popular targets for thieves because there's a bigger market for them.

Phone thieves never go after Android phones to the same degree ?
I get your point (that's why Ferraris aren't the most stolen cars, even by percentage) but I thought Androids were more popular than iPhones?

Last edited:

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I get your point (that's why Ferraris aren't the most stolen cars, even by percentage) but I thought Androids were more popular that iPhones?
stolen iPhones have a much bigger black market because of the brand name and perceived desirability. Android phones are fragmented across so many different brands ranging from cheap pieces of crap to flagship phones. If you're traveling tourist, an iPhone is much more distinct from a distance and more easily targeted for theft.
Sponsored