Feedback on carbon wing mirrors (+ wheels)?

zipps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (deposit placed)
Country flag
Hi, does anyone here have carbon wing mirrors and/or wheels that could help me?

I love the look of the carbon mirrors. One thing I'm unsure about is if they look a little out of place on their own if they are the only carbon thing. For those with them - what do you think? Does that make sense?

Full carbon sports kit is out for me (£££) but the carbon aeroblade wheels look interesting. I like the gloss black mission Es though so haven't convinced myself yet it's worth the switch! It's hard to see from the configurator as they don't really pop there but I imagine they look different in real life. Does anyone have photos? I searched the forum but not many pictures of them.

My other concern with them is if (when) I curb the wheels how you would get them repaired. Here's a useful comment from wmras. Anyone have experience of this?

Aware a lot of this is very subjective, but as I can't see all the options in person I'd find other people's views very useful! Thanks in advance

If it helps, here is my current build config - turbo with a crayon/black look and a few unnecessary extras :p I've got a November build so still a little time left to make some final tweaks...
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag

I love the look of the carbon mirrors. One thing I'm unsure about is if they look a little out of place on their own if they are the only carbon thing. For those with them - what do you think? Does that make sense?

Full carbon sports kit is out for me (£££) but the carbon aeroblade wheels look interesting. I like the gloss black mission Es though so haven't convinced myself yet it's worth the switch! It's hard to see from the configurator as they don't really pop there but I imagine they look different in real life. Does anyone have photos? I searched the forum but not many pictures of them.

My other concern with them is if (when) I curb the wheels how you would get them repaired. Here's a useful comment from wmras. Anyone have experience of this?

Aware a lot of this is very subjective, but as I can't see all the options in person I'd find other people's views very useful! Thanks in advance

If it helps, here is my current build config - turbo with a crayon/black look and a few unnecessary extras :p I've got a November build so still a little time left to make some final tweaks...
Hi Pal
i have the high gloss black mission E wheels on my turbo and i like them, ive seen the carbon aero blades and they are only inlays so i if they got damaged I believe you would only replace the damaged ones on each wheel

regards the carbon mirrors i understand what you mean, my opinion was that there are far better ways of spending £1k on a Taycan and the carbon mirrors can be added later anyway (they are an adoption on the i online shop)

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag

Here are the carbon-fiber wheels on our Turbo S.

Porsche Taycan Feedback on carbon wing mirrors (+ wheels)? 1601217031917

DrSilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan
Country flag

I have the carbon mirrors and it is my favorite part of the car and the most brought up by others. they look amazing with white metallic paint. I would show you a picture but my car died last week and is in the shop.

OP
OP

zipps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (deposit placed)
Country flag
@DrSilly I think you've convinced me :D @Lfcdan I didn't realise they could be added afterwards so thanks for the tip. I was planning on getting them painted in exterior colour anyway so that knocks £400 off the price. Pretty tempted to just get it done up front and not think about it later but good to know there are options

Thanks @wmras - that's a great photo and looks sweet. Hmmm decisions decisions...

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag

Love them

Porsche Taycan Feedback on carbon wing mirrors (+ wheels)? FAF2C78A-7A32-40DD-BB9C-4B60C5E59B0B

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I love the carbon 'blacked out' mirrors - my car philosophy is you basically shouldn't see the mirrors, and eventually mfg's will replace them with cameras. I will be using a gloss black vinyl wrap to cover the mirrors - much less expensive than the carbon, and I think it will look pretty slick with the rest of the gloss black trim on my Carrera White car - plus I'll have chip protection. I'll post pics when done.