First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4. Taycan 4S Chalk due May 2023
Country flag
Morning

So, I have completed the configurator and have a meeting with Porsche dealer next week. This site has been so useful !

I have gone over budget, reading this forum so does everyone ! Wanted some thoughts on the following options, a 4S in Crayon by the way ;

- Sport design Package in Black (high gloss) - If I go without that does that mean no side skirts etc or is it just the finish ?
- Performance Battery Plus - Do I really need this ? How much extra range does it add ?
- Adaptive Cruise Control - If you opt for Park Assist Surround View do you have to have this as well ?
- 22kw on board charger - Is that a must have ?

What eperformance options should I go for in the UK

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Judging by how often people have issues with the 22kW charger I'd avoid it. Sure it charges faster, but it's a lot of money and 11kW for level 2 charging really is plenty.

Adaptive cruise control is not a requirement for park assist with surround view. That said, I think a modern car has to be specced with adaptive cruise control, it's a borderline essential feature.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Hi Russ, Ross here!
I only put 10k extras on a Crayon 4S, that was basically battery, paint, roof and wheels
I am a rarity on this forum,
it is so hard NOT to tick boxes!
Post yr Porsche code - You will get loads of good advice
I will start trying to save you money now ..........

22kw charge upgrade is a definite NO for UK at least
There is loads of posts on this forum saying it breaks the car and it is over a grand and
useless

Your 7kw home charger will charge you up overnight to full quick enough
Marginal gain of stuffing electrons in at yr night time leccy rate offset by £1000 cost

Get the £300 DC charge upgrade - Might come in useful when out and about.
When you are out and about in UK its 50kw (and above) DC chargers everywhere, you will always seek one of those out rather than an AC charger

Big battery a matter for you. Makes the car 150 kilos heavier for miniscule performance
gain, potentially worse handling and less efficient.
DONT put an extra on a car because salesman says it is better for resale.
Get the spec YOU want. If you dont need the range dont bother with the big battery
There is a buyer for all Taycans out there. This forum shows how different we all are

I didnt get any performance options. It is fast as **** and handles sublimely.
Dont need them unless you spend yr summer holidays at the Nurburgring racing Lars Kern.

The car is a work of art, get the black window surrounds and black badge (and door handles?) to complement the Crayon. Looks beautiful without the body kit but knock yourself out if you like.
Spend the money on funky wheels.

Basic trim is beatiful, I cant tell where the partial leather finishes and the plastic starts but everyone else on the entire forum will tell you to get more leather!

Get the auto dimming mirrors and I would get ACC on another Taycan for when you are cruisin!
Have fun on the configurator!

OP
OP

Chelsea9

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4. Taycan 4S Chalk due May 2023
Country flag
Thanks guys that is really helpful.........cleared a few things up in my mind !
Sponsored