whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Yes I’m pretty sure I saw the dash cam prep on the configurator just a day or two ago. I’m on an IPad right now so more difficult to navigate, paste pics etc but if someone hasn’t done it in the next couple of hours I’ll do it when I get to work and show you.
The dashcam prep (front and back)was there in the US configurator at least over a month ago. I added it to my configuration on 6/20 when I updated it to MY23 (not that I'm holding my breath that I will be able to order one before MY24 or MY25, but I figured why not update the configuration I made over a year ago to keep it current, at least I could see the price increase and new available options).

I also downloaded the PDF when I created the code on 6/20 (I usually do, just in case to have something to compare in case options change or disappear), and the option showed like this:
Porsche Taycan New Porsche Taycan Configurator 1659083540551
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Additionally, the way the glass roof interfaces with the rear window glass always bugged me.

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 09.09.49.png

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 09.10.19.png
I guess that's why black paint is an option!

I find the roof excellent and don't feel the sun or radiation on my head (we do get sun in Aberdeen on a Wednesday in July normally!) which suggests they've thought about this a lot and decided a shade is not needed. Most heat and radiation is coming from the standard windows and so the car can heat up noticeably.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I find the roof excellent and don't feel the sun or radiation on my head (we do get sun in Aberdeen on a Wednesday in July normally!) which suggests they've thought about this a lot and decided a shade is not needed. Most heat and radiation is coming from the standard windows and so the car can heat up noticeably.
God bless ceramic window tint! Besides the pano roof, all my glass is tinted with Autobahn i3 ceramic. a MUST especially in S. Florida/hot climates.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I don't particularly like the feel of radiation on my skin, particularly on top of my head.
Last week in NY it was 90+ degrees (33 degrees C) and I had no problem with my (hairless) head getting too hot.
The Taycan A/C is really very good, much better than any other German car I've owned. Germans in general never appreciated the need for A/C and their cars always had less than efficient A/C systems.

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Last week in NY it was 90+ degrees (33 degrees C) and I had no problem with my (hairless) head getting too hot.
The Taycan A/C is really very good, much better than any other German car I've owned. Germans in general never appreciated the need for A/C and their cars always had less than efficient A/C systems.
It is the feel of radiation I don’t like, even when it isn’t that hot.
Anyway I so much prefer the look of the ally roof - and I am tight fisted - so still happy I didn’t choose the glass roof option :)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMO, It definitely looks better without glass roof, but i like it when i was on a test drive since the cockpit is brighter.
my favourite choice: metal roof with a window.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
🤣 I'm off touring around Ireland on Sunday for a few weeks - we'll see if its also Irish weather proof!
Did the Kerry-Cork thing with my wife a few weeks ago - lets say we had 'mixed weather'! Was visiting family in Dublin but not in an EV - the rate they were charging to rent a Tesla was truly insane!!

Was given a Hyundai Hybrid (I say given as there was literally no choice despite being a (woohoo) 'President's Club' mbr with Avis). Have to say the mileage on that thing was very impressive, almost remarkable!

Will need to see more pics of Taycan's in the Irish wild - no pressure :)

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Unfortunately, they still did not fix the weird "greenish" tint for the Volcano Grey option in the configurator; it looks so different than the real color (which is beautiful I think :) ):

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Taycan Configurator grey-compare

Last edited:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
🤣 I'm off touring around Ireland on Sunday for a few weeks - we'll see if its also Irish weather proof!
Enjoy! I'm from Kerry myself so DM me if you need any destination charging suggestions especially around Cork or Killarney.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Thx for adding normal temperatures as well!! Appreciated :)

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Based on how this configurator behaves at various screen sizes, I think it's one with some customisations to be used on large 16:9 touchscreens, in showrooms etc. It's extra visual rather than price-focused, and that's what people go for in those situations. Also makes those final large images when scrolling make sense.
Sponsored