Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
To balance the discussion with some positivity, I do however like the overall layout of the new configurator. I think it’s much clearer than the old one with a gazillion collapsable lists.

The performance must also be system/browser specific, since it appears to be running smooth for me at least (both laptop and iPad). Much more so than the old one actually, that sometimes could take ages to load a new preview when changing configuration.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The link is to the USA configurator.
As far as I can see here in the UK I get the same configurator as I used to spec my car in 2021

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The song appearing on the new configurator is called Get a Life. Seriously?
1674248397937.png
Perhaps it's a suggestion for anyone who actually zoomed in close enough to see the song title :CWL:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps it's a suggestion for anyone who actually zoomed in close enough to see the song title :CWL:
It isn’t new, it was on the UK configurator for the CT when I looked and I thought the same thing and am pretty sure that is exactly why it is there.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
It isn’t new, it was on the UK configurator for the CT when I looked and I thought the same thing and am pretty sure that is exactly why it is there.
A bit like the PCM Simulator with the 12V battery...........

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Configurator Launched 12v batt.JPG

Apols for going slightly off topic.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It does appear to be an improvement over the older US configurator. For example, when I was configuring my car, I never saw the Sport Chrono with Porsche Design clock ($1,120 for the second, short hand of the clock). Not that I would have paid that, but I do remember looking (not too hard but still) to see how much it is and never finding it. The configurator still has issue showing options which can be selected even though you already selected a package which has them - it will give you a warning when you do that, but would it not be better to show you that you already have this option? Some of the option do show as included in a package, but not all.

Overall, it does look a bit more usable than the older one. Looks wise, it actually reminds me of the Mercedes configurator design (recently went through it investigating an EQS for my wife) - perhaps the same design firm?

PS> Want to see a really bad Porsche configurator, check out the Porsche watch configurator:
https://timepiecesconfigurator.porsche-design.com/configurator
Selecting options doesn't actually change the view of the watch to show you the change, the whole thing is incredibly slow. For the price, you'd think they'd hire professional designers to make the configurator.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The link is to the USA configurator.
As far as I can see here in the UK I get the same configurator as I used to spec my car in 2021
It hasn't changed. There are two paths to the configurator as I mentioned above.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is not new and was released quite some months ago last year.

Depending on entry point Taycan microsite or Porsche configurator you will either see this or not.
I saw it yonks ago but haven’t seen it with sterling prices, not that I care really…

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I cannot see any new configurator here in the UK going through the Porsche UK website.

With the prices of some extras, it really should be called the Go-Figure-ator. After the prices on each spec item, it should state "Go Figure" as an alternative to "Configure".

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I cannot see any new configurator here in the UK going through the Porsche UK website.

With the prices of some extras, it really should be called the Go-Figure-ator. After the prices on each spec item, it should state "Go Figure" as an alternative to "Configure".
What you are looking at (with all the pictures) is the "new one" which was launched some time ago.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
but ... but ... but ... I could see it clear as day without zooming on my 49" 4K monitor, and ... oh, I see your point ...

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I like the increased focus on larger / carousel pictures throughout the configurator; although, I do miss the collapsable menu approach of the right-hand nav to be able to switch between bigger picture vs detailed options. I have no doubt I'll get used to it over time.

Still as slow as ever whenever I attempt to use Safari browser, but does seem a bit snappier (particularly loading videos) on Chrome.
Sponsored