j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
My Taycan is quite new, and I charge at home, but I wanted to try out the "free for me" EA network.

So after work I drove to a downtown-style EA location about a mile from the office that I almost never visit anymore. They have seven stalls, and all of them are full - including two Taycan and a Rivian R1T along with a Polestar, an ID.4, a Mercedes, and a BMW. No big deal, there is another EA location about four miles away with eight stalls.

I drive to that one, and it too is full - including another two Taycan.

So I start to head home, and realize that there is a third EA location on my way, this one in a Supermarket parking lot. I drive there (spotting two more Taycan on the road) and pull into a spot next to a Rivian and two spots down from a Lucid just as a Kia is leaving.

I plug in, wait an annoying 10 seconds, and then get a screen that seems like it's telling me a non-zero price for the electrons and holes I am about to send into motion. But I press the button and it starts charging... without charging me. 75KW since I'm sharing the charger. So B- for user experience but a A for free charging, once you get the hang of it. A more experienced EV owner tells me that office workers often stop by the chargers after work (apartment living?) so 3-6PM is a bad time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Glad your hear your first EA session was a success. Mine wasn't (I was on the phone with a very nice EA rep for 43 minutes), and I'm sure I'm not the only one.