Nickatgt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model S75D ; 2013 Lexus RX350
Country flag
Heading back tomorrow with my fingers crossed. I have plenty of things to try. I hope to be able to report success.
Sponsored

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Anyone had any luck using the EA chargers? Has the fix/update been pushed out?
Thanks for the info. I myself am out on the road but thankfully have been able to charge at my destinations overnight.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
I did try another unit with the same result. In the Greensboro location one of the stations was down and all the rest were 150kW units.
…which begs the question, am I looking for primarily 350kW units? How much of a time penalty will I suffer plugging in to a 150kW unit?

Maybe a little defensive but I didn’t notice that it wasn’t a EA unit until I was off of the interstate with a lot of construction around. 75 mph is not the time to be looking at the brand of charging although it was totally my fault. I didn’t exactly know where I’d charge because I was sort of free forming my route in the mountain. I knew it would probably be in Statesville and that there were several on the map including EA chargers.

The trip was (is) meant to be sort of a shake down getting used to the Porsche tools and EA infrastructure. I’m learning as I go.

Also regarding the difficulty in handling the cable. Is that just the “old weak man” in me or are they difficult to twist to line up?

Thanks for all the input.
I’m also an old weak man and I’ve found the cable to be hard to twist with it being a minor aggravation in warm weather but in the winter it is a definite PITA. Not to be a sexist but I think this might be an important issue for the “ weaker sex” Just an opinion of an 86 year old Taycan lover😀

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My Taycan drew 175Kw from an EA 150Kw charger. If you roll into a station with 24% battery you will be down to 175Kw on a 350Kw charger quickly anyway. There is also a battery saving setting that lowers the charge over the whole charge time. So using a 150Kw charger is not a big penalty. Things will get better as time goes on.

OP
OP
Nickatgt

Nickatgt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model S75D ; 2013 Lexus RX350
Country flag
Continuing the EA saga this morning I drove from Greensboro (one EA location in the city) and charged up to about 60% (140 miles) on Saturday. I carried that through the weekend and left to take my sister to the Charlotte Airport (about 90 miles) early Monday. I had no idea that the range degradation would be so bad with the morning temp being about 28. I ended up needing to charge in order to make it to the airport.

I made it to the EA location north of the city, plugged in and got the credit declined message. I called Porsche and got the “EA is having difficulty “ story but we were unable to get the charging to work. We were beginning to have some concerns about making my sister’s flight so I booked a Uber for her to take the time pressure off of the charging.

Rather than wait any more for Porsche I took off plug and charge and went to pay manually. This worked well. I followed up with a call to EA about refunding the cost of the charging session. The agent said that there were no charges recorded to the session and I should call them back for a refund should a charge appear.
That session tool 26 minutes charging to 76%.

On the road again expecting one more charge in Greenville in order to make it home to Atlanta.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
fwiw, my dealer shared this update with me on Friday:

They said that EA is expected to be pushing out some backend server updates on Monday (the 19th of December) that may resolve this issue.
still hasnt been fixed. over two weeks and a major fail by both porsche and EA

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone had any luck using the EA chargers? Has the fix/update been pushed out?
Thanks for the info. I myself am out on the road but thankfully have been able to charge at my destinations overnight.
It was supposed to be fixed by 12/19/2022 but still nothing. fail!

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Will have to try my car again on the new EA chargers.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
tried the new chargers. same error

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does it have something to do with our respective accounts? What did EA and PCNA say?
im assuming yes, porsche and EA said their is no fix yet. I even made a case and had it escalated, need to make a case so they know we are not happy.

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Oh so you just got an update of no updates (of a fix) from them?
Already have a case with them amongst other things.
Sponsored