tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Me bollox, I got out of a feckin Tesla cause they are everywhere, and no sooner does my Taycan arrive than every prick in Ireland seems to have one. Passed 3 today in the space of an hours driving FML ?????
Was in a hotel in Killarney at the weekend – three Taycan's (including my own) charging away there!

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_7473
Sponsored

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
For out international friends, due to the oppressive tax regime in Ireland, and a general hatred of the fast ICE motorcars by a long series of Green party coalition governments, high end cars in Ireland are very rare. A BMW M car is a rare sighting. A Ferrari or McLaren is almost unheard of and Porsche usually sell in tiny numbers, especially the sports car variants.

However the Taycan with its green credentials gets a good few tax breaks that make it a popular choice and good value for the money. While a Taycan4s is around 125k USD in Ireland a 4s model 992 is around 240k USD the difference being only the tax rates. The car enthusiast in Ireland look on at the UK and the US with good finance, and relatively affordable exotic cars with some jealousy.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My previous Porsche – the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid – sold 6 cars into Ireland over 10 years. More than 100 Taycan's have been sold in Ireland in 2021. It's the Nissan Micra of Porsche's for sure.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
So I’ve been hesitant to order the Fitcamx for my Taycan since I never saw a rear camera listed on the site specifically for Taycan. Today I decided to reach out to support and see if they had one available. After a short conversation they updated their website and made the packages available for Taycan that include rear camera. They did mention that installation will be much more difficult since hard wiring is required when you use rear cam. https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-porsche?variant=41130386227372

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
For out international friends, due to the oppressive tax regime in Ireland, and a general hatred of the fast ICE motorcars by a long series of Green party coalition governments, high end cars in Ireland are very rare. A BMW M car is a rare sighting. A Ferrari or McLaren is almost unheard of and Porsche usually sell in tiny numbers, especially the sports car variants.

However the Taycan with its green credentials gets a good few tax breaks that make it a popular choice and good value for the money. While a Taycan4s is around 125k USD in Ireland a 4s model 992 is around 240k USD the difference being only the tax rates. The car enthusiast in Ireland look on at the UK and the US with good finance, and relatively affordable exotic cars with some jealousy.
Thanks for the explanation. I live in Bergen County, NJ in a densely populated area with high levels of disposable income and I have literally only seen a handful here (unlike Teslas, which are the new Starbucks with one on every corner), so I figured it had something to do with tax incentives over there. Love Ireland. Pre-pandemic I’d make annual trips to West County Clare. Man I miss that. Hopefully this fall.

kanthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I’ve been hesitant to order the Fitcamx for my Taycan since I never saw a rear camera listed on the site specifically for Taycan. Today I decided to reach out to support and see if they had one available. After a short conversation they updated their website and made the packages available for Taycan that include rear camera. They did mention that installation will be much more difficult since hard wiring is required when you use rear cam. https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-porsche?variant=41130386227372
Or you could go with the Fitcamx for the front and get another cam for the rear. That's what I did. It makes wiring a lot easier, with no wire connecting front and rear. For the rear, you can just run the wire along the rear window rim and go under the rear speaker to reach the 12v socket in the trunk.

As a bonus, if you place the rear cam in the recess beside the 3rd brake light, you won't see it from the rear mirror!
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 20220202_155331

Last edited:

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Tacking onto this. I installed my FitCamX the end of November/beginning of December. Starting in December I got the headlight control error/warn and brake assist malfunction.

It went away and then for the entire month of January it showed up.

I've only put about 500 miles on it since Christmas and the car been sitting for weeks on end.

Has anybody had similar issues after installing the Fitcam? Trying to figure out if that's the cause.

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Me bollox, I got out of a feckin Tesla cause they are everywhere, and no sooner does my Taycan arrive than every prick in Ireland seems to have one. Passed 3 today in the space of an hours driving FML ?????
First world problems my man! ?

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag
Tacking onto this. I installed my FitCamX the end of November/beginning of December. Starting in December I got the headlight control error/warn and brake assist malfunction.

I've only put about 500 miles on it since Christmas and the car been sitting for weeks on end.

Has anybody had similar issues after installing the Fitcam? Trying to figure out if that's the cause.
No issues/warnings for me after installing

Knight Rider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, Tesla Model X
Country flag

Installed Fitcamx in November. ..on Jan 20 got a headlight control error. Did a two finger reboot and it went away and has not reappeared. Dont know why it would have anything to do with Fitcamx.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Installed Fitcamx in November. ..on Jan 20 got a headlight control error. Did a two finger reboot and it went away and has not reappeared. Dont know why it would have anything to do with Fitcamx.
The error it's throwing is directing me to check voltage in the rain sensor. I took everything apart clicked the connectors in and it's still there. Car is going in for a steering rack issue on the 21st and I'm having them look at it then.

Knight Rider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, Tesla Model X
Country flag
The error it's throwing is directing me to check voltage in the rain sensor. I took everything apart clicked the connectors in and it's still there. Car is going in for a steering rack issue on the 21st and I'm having them look at it then.
Sounds like It is fitcam related since that is its power source. I thought it was a headlight control error.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
So the PCM literally tells you to the check the voltage in the rain sensor? I didn't know the PCM could so narrowly pinpoint an error so precisely.

I installed the Fitcamx as well and had headlight control error, but it wasn't related. Went away.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the PCM literally tells you to the check the voltage in the rain sensor? I didn't know the PCM could so narrowly pinpoint an error so precisely.

I installed the Fitcamx as well and had headlight control error, but it wasn't related. Went away.
No I ran the codes it was throwing. They all say to check voltage in the rain sensor/camera circuit.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
EDIT: Afer installing the FitcamX app on my iPhone (vs Roadcam) and working it a bit more without any assistance from the manufacturer/seller, all is working perfectly (other than in -app previews but in app downloads good to go). Video quality seems on par with my prior BlackVue I had in the M4 Vert. - no warnings or error codes as yet so quite pleased so far. As others have noted a super clean OEM look.

Installed my FitcamX today - all went fairly smoothly and basically got it in in less than 30 minutes - power is on - turned Bluetooth off to connect the FitcamX to the Roadcam app but whatever I do, the preview feature in Roadcam fails to connect every time. The Roadcam app sees the cam (called CARDV-d63b and acknowledged the default password on initial connection to the cam worked, so all there seems good.

Any suggestions re solving the in app preview issue most appreciated!

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_5051

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_5048

Last edited: