For a new Taycan driver, how important is using the Connect app?

sufcrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 996 Turbo, 968, 951S, 931
Country flag
But to me, the most important feature is the pre-heat/pre-cool. With a few phone clicks 15 min before
You can reduce the number of clicks and avoid waiting for the delay of opening the app and connecting to the car.

1) Tap and hold the Porsche Connect icon for a menu that includes "Start air conditioning". Or even better:

2) Do the same but then tap and hold "Start air conditioning" to drag it as a new icon onto your home screen.

One click to fire and forget.
Sponsored

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I use it every day to preheat the car. Or rather I use it every day it works, which is maybe 50% of the time.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Hmm, I don’t have any issues with the operation of the connect app. Always works for me.

I almost exclusively use it for changing charge settings because I’m almost never by the car when I want to change them. It nice for monitoring charging also.

I would probably renew just to keep that function. It would be a pain to climb into the car just to change settings.

But, it’s not the main point of the car and I could live without it if it didn’t work or wasn’t available.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hmm, I don’t have any issues with the operation of the connect app. Always works for me.

I almost exclusively use it for changing charge settings because I’m almost never by the car when I want to change them. It nice for monitoring charging also.

I would probably renew just to keep that function. It would be a pain to climb into the car just to change settings.

But, it’s not the main point of the car and I could live without it if it didn’t work or wasn’t available.
Many years driving Teslas, I very rarely change charging settings, so I'm curious; how often do you change charge settings, and why?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Many years driving Teslas, I very rarely change charging settings, so I'm curious; how often do you change charge settings, and why?
I turn on a timer to charge to 100% on some weekend days depending on our schedule/plans.

I’ve also spent a fair amount of time running tests of different setups, mainly to satisfy my own curiosity, but also to answer questions.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
As a fellow 'never had an electric car before person' and getting delivery in a couple of months, this whole app thing sounds scary! Anyway, one question - Will my wife need her own porsche ID to use the app/operate the remote car stuff? Or can she just use my ID on her phone? If so, will most recent settings all sync across the devices?

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As a fellow 'never had an electric car before person' and getting delivery in a couple of months, this whole app thing sounds scary! Anyway, one question - Will my wife need her own porsche ID to use the app/operate the remote car stuff? Or can she just use my ID on her phone? If so, will most recent settings all sync across the devices?
If you want to share the same porsche ID for remote stuff, probably ok. Might be better for one of you to have secondary account. In the car itself, each will want own account to personalize settings in the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The app is a non-essential gadget so don't worry about that.

I would advise that you have a Porsche ID each and assign one to each key you have. Settings for the car will then be loaded depending on whose key is used to unlock. More comfort settings are also enabled if you have the Comfort (and / or Driver Memory) option - seat position, AC settings and so on.

On first use each of you should log in to the car with your own ID and then set such that you are automatically logged in and no prompt for PIN set (your personal choice but it makes it more convenient).

Thereafter its a doddle.

The app will get better but there are many ways to skin this particular cat - currently 4 ways to do the same thing - My Porsche (website on your phone, full features), My Porsche App (flaky for most of us), Porsche Connect App (flaky for most of us but offers more functionality currently than My Porsche App which is intended to replace it) and, My Porsche website - laptop / tablet.

The big reliability issue is not so much the app but the connectivity to the car - it needs a good LTE signal (won't work underground unless provision has been mae), goes off line when idle and so on. So you will learn that a) its not all that and b) you don't need it. That said you may get lucky and it all works fine.

Chamo74

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Does the Porsche phone app allow you to pre-heat the car remotely? That has been be the most used phone app feature on all our Teslas.
Yes
Sponsored