Found 2nd time chipmunk or red squirrel droppings in battery department. Repellents?

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
So, around us, there are many tiny chipmunks and red squirrels. They get into small spaces and eat and poop there. Several years back, I did not catch that activity in time, and XC90 almost caught in flames as they started chewing on hi-voltage insulation. That was a pricey repair.

Is anyone here in the same situation and used repellent that would keep those little things out of the car? In my search, I am finding Mighty Mint Rodent Repellent Spray, but I think that might end up stinking up the interior of the car through the air intake.
Sponsored

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag

Phil Prosapio

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST ‘22 acid green, 9114GTS’12, 76 Turbo
Country flag
May not be acceptable if your Taycan a daily driver but, works for cars in storage. Use Irish Spring soap ( chop up in a food processor) and crushed mothballs. Mix together and make a circle around the car. I have a couple of 911's that are in winter storage in a detached garage for our long Minnesota winters. Haven't had nearly the issues with mice as years ago. Otherwise, just step over the "circle"? Does smell a bit, my wife certainly wouldn't like it in our garage attached to the house.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
May not be acceptable if your Taycan a daily driver but, works for cars in storage. Use Irish Spring soap ( chop up in a food processor) and crushed mothballs. Mix together and make a circle around the car. I have a couple of 911's that are in winter storage in a detached garage for our long Minnesota winters. Haven't had nearly the issues with mice as years ago. Otherwise, just step over the "circle"? Does smell a bit, my wife certainly wouldn't like it in our garage attached to the house.
Oh jeez yeah that circle will have 0 WAF
Especially since it is her primary car

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had mice twice in my Taycan on the front inverter. Thankfully they didn't do any noticeable damage. What I did was glue a sticky trap to the front inverter. The ultimate solution was to sell my Spyder and put the Taycan in the garage.
Porsche Taycan Found 2nd time chipmunk or red squirrel droppings in battery department. Repellents? caught rodent.JPG
Sponsored