f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Comfort Access will still require the key to lock or a touch on the door sensor. Coolest feature is that the car will auto powe on as you sit down.
I don’t have comfort access and my car powers on as soon as I get in (or to be precise as soon as the driver’s door is shut) so not a reason to spend more money ;)
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don’t have comfort access and my car powers on as soon as I get in (or to be precise as soon as the driver’s door is shut) so not a reason to spend more money ;)
I think that's possibly a lucky quirk unless added for MY22 onwards. My 4S didn't have it and no auto power on but my GTS with comfort does.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I can confirm that the car powers on automatically without comfort access.
My current GTS and my MY20 4S both worked in this way.
I don’t like it anyway for the security aspect.
No comfort access, no need for Faraday pouches.
I like my car to open when I press a button. Not when I am just ‘nearby’.

As far as GTS spec goes. Keep it simple. It has £20k extras already over the 4S!
How much more do you need?

Crayon and Neptune are the 2 nicest colours especially now bonkers Mamba gone. Shame they are expensive.

I put on paint, RS wheels, ACC, Auto dimming mirrors, pan roof, foldy mirrors and rear air bags.

Above all keep the Race Tex.
Its gorgeous and perfect.

Only £7k extras. £111,000 list.
Now nearer £71k value.
Yes, £40k (FORTY!) depreciation in a year.
As said before, the more you choose the more you lose. Extras is dead money even if fiddled through the Ltd company!

Untick those boxes and save ££££££s

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can confirm that the car powers on automatically without comfort access.
My current GTS and my MY20 4S both worked in this way.
I don’t like it anyway for the security aspect.
No comfort access, no need for Faraday pouches.
I like my car to open when I press a button. Not when I am just ‘nearby’.

As far as GTS spec goes. Keep it simple. It has £20k extras already over the 4S!
How much more do you need?

Crayon and Neptune are the 2 nicest colours especially now bonkers Mamba gone. Shame they are expensive.

I put on paint, RS wheels, ACC, Auto dimming mirrors, pan roof, foldy mirrors and rear air bags.

Above all keep the Race Tex.
Its gorgeous and perfect.

Only £7k extras. £111,000 list.
Now nearer £71k value.
Yes, £40k (FORTY!) depreciation in a year.
As said before, the more you choose the more you lose. Extras is dead money even if fiddled through the Ltd company!

Untick those boxes and save ££££££s
I feel like I missed out for 2.5 years with my 4S and I thought I knew it all 😭

Buying a motor is a mugs game at the best of times!

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model X Plaid, Odyssey
Country flag
I would get the following:
- Black brake calipers
- Heated rear seats (if you are going to be using them)
- Illuminated sill guards (I'm annoyed I didn't get it in my car)
- Homelink (if you have a garage door)

AtTheGlen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan GTS, ‘24 911 GT3 (992.1)
Country flag
Congratulations on your decision to purchase a Taycan GTS. My wife and I took delivery four months ago and I have been more excited about this ownership experience than any of the Porsches (or other marques) that I have owned. As others have noted, the car shrinks around you, is blazingly quick and remarkably agile.

You have a handsome build. I saw a Neptune Blue Taycan yesterday while shopping and it was striking, particular here in Southern California, which is flooded with white, silver, red and black Teslas. Here are my thoughts:

I looked at the standard equipment on your U.K.-based configuration. Some standard and optional items might vary between the U.K. and U.S.
- I had black wheels on a 991.2 GT3 and now I’m quite over black wheels. We decided on and selected the Exclusive Manufaktur wheels with black painted vanes before looking at the price! They are expensive but I really like them and they are not common on Taycans.
- I agree with the aforementioned suggestion to add black brake calipers.
- The standard equipment section says that the GTS logo is standard on the headrests with “Taycan“ on the center console. I didn’t see those logos on the image of your car’s interior; however, it appears that the headrest logos are standard on with the GTS interiors only. I spec’d Porsche crests on the headrests and the GTS logo on the center console storage compartment lid.
- We have the standard black leather interior, and added (for consideration, but not necessary): the Porsche logo projected from the exterior mirrors, lighted dark aluminum door sill guards (in the U.S., this requires dark aluminum trim), and a true extravagance - the sub-second clock. It’s quite elegant and the clock arms spin in a brief dance on startup. I’ve had the mirror logo projection and lighted door sill guards on previous Porsches, and now I would miss them.
- Summers are warm where I live and am pleased to have ventilated front seats, so worth a consideration, also I‘ve wondered if they circulate heated interior air through the seatback and cushion in wintertime along with distributing heat from the heated seats in the wintertime.
- I like the RaceTex steering wheel for this GTS model, along with the other GTS touches like the matte black door pulls (vs. aluminum on our 911), the logo on the rocker panels, etc.
- I didn’t go wild on options on our 911; however, the one option that I missed is “Exterior Mirrors pointed in Exterior Color”, which replaces the matte black mirror base.
- The options in the 75-Years package are all excellent.
- Is there an option for front axle lift in the U.K.? Perhaps like some other components, it is currently unavailable. That said, the Taycan is very low in the front, particularly in the lowered Sport and Sport+ modes. I use FAL often, although it is not as responsive in execution (requires a speed that is too slow compared to approaching a lift-required driveway at a moderate speed) or asking for GPS location confirmation as is my wife’s and my 992 911.
- I too have RWS, which is excellent, and given the sporty intentions of this GTS model, I spec’d PDCC-Sport. The ride quality in Normal is excellent - well controlled but not harsh, and our California roads are not particularly smooth (earthquake tremors?). Sport and Sport+ are very agile and capable for a car of this size and weight. It is expensive and you might want others’ opinions, but I have no regrets about ordering it.
- I, too, ordered the 2+1 rear seating, which looks fine (the style retains the 2+2 look) and still includes the fold-down armrest with two cup holders. [Note for anyone considering 2+1 rear seating with the chalk or red GTS interior, the center seat belt will be black unlike the outboard chalk or red seat belts.]
- I did prep for dashcam (free in the U.K., modest cost in the U.S.) after I was convinced that there would not be any wires or mounting brackets showing. Installing the wiring and dashcam without the prewire can cost thousands of US dollars.
- I am satisfied with the Bose radio, which has several adjustments for sound and faders.

I guess I got a bit carried away here. Please feel free to reply or send a private message if you have any questions. Lock dates can move up even by one day, so you might want to provide your best specification as soon as possible and leave any minor last-minute decisions to the one- or two-day buffer before the 10th. All the best on your purchase.
Sponsored