First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2013 Porsche GT3
Country flag
Hi,
I'm absolutely loving my Carmine Red 2020 Taycan Turbo S. I've had it a year now and the odometer shows 4100 miles.
Its an impressive car in all respects: It handles well, its very comfortable, its packed with great tech...and its a rocket!
I've recently noticed that when I turn at slow speed the front tires make an annoying rubbing or slipping sound on the road. The rubbing is not on the body panels or wheel arch. It sounds like its slipping along the road surface. The annoying sound is more prevalent when the roads are damp. A friend told me it's because of the generous width of the tire?
Does anyone else have this issue?
It may just be coincidental, but I had the software update last week. I've driven the car three times since the update...and the rub noise seems louder...yikes!
Thanks very much!
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Ackermann effect. Reduced if you use winter tyres in lower temperatures. It is indeed related to tyre widths and lower outside temperatures. You won't get it during summer months. Nothing to do with any software updates.

It sounds like its slipping along the road surface.
It is!

Mutz Nutz

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I get this on my CT4S, it can be annoying, I am going to see the dealer as I don't want to be buying tyres every month.
Sponsored