FYI: Main Battery Replacement Needed!!!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hi @Vim Schrotnock ,

sorry to bump an old thread... I thought I'd give this process a go and I believe I have the option to configure my AC home charger to deliver anything from 1.4kW (the minimum here I believe) up to 22kW. Do you recall any guidance what power range counts as "slow"? I guess "standard" mid-values might include 3.6kW, 7.2kW, 11kW.

Thanks, Pete
I think all of Level 2 values are considered slow.

Over a decade of driving Teslas, longest kept was almost 8 years, now a year and a bit of Taycan. Teslas were charged a mix between 40A and 80A (9.6 vs. 19.2KW), Taycan exclusively on 80A (19.2KW) though it is load balanced with an eTron (which can also use the full 80A/19.2KW), so (very) occasionally it might drop to 40A (9.6KW) when they both decided to charge at the same time. My Teslas had very minimal battery degradation, Taycan I can't see much degradation so far.
Sponsored

dooby

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S CT
Country flag
So I followed the procedure (drain to 15%, leave overnight, AC charge to 100%) then went for a spin to bring it back down nearer 85%.

Meanwhile I ordered a Viecar ELM327 v2.2 Bluetooth 4.0 OBD-II dongle and installed Car Scanner.

I'm not claiming correlation between following the process and my results as I didn't take data beforehand, but I do appear to have a nice consistent voltage across all cells (this at ~50% SoC).

SoH shows as 94.361% - vehicle has over 8,000 miles. Interestingly, it shows a lower number of launches than I expected. I think it must be "a handful" by now, but Car Scanner only logs only 2.

Porsche Taycan FYI:  Main Battery Replacement Needed!!! IMG_5088 2

Porsche Taycan FYI:  Main Battery Replacement Needed!!! IMG_5090