Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My ST with ceramic coating 😍

20230119_141711.jpg
it looks great! But almost blue-purple - is that the lighting (and reflections from the red car), or does it actually look like that to the naked eye outside?

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
So, I still haven't collected the car due to work committments but my SA has been sending me photos as the car goes through its preparation. The wait is killing me lol.

Here's a few I received last night:

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club det 1

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club det 2

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club det 3

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club det 4
Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club det 5

The car has had it's paint correction, PPF fitted and ceramic coatings with the finishing touches being applied next week in preparation for collection.

More 'scenic' photos to follow once its safely in my hands.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car has had it's paint correction, PPF fitted and ceramic coatings with the finishing touches being applied next week in preparation for collection.
Did your detailer say how much correction was required? I think Porsche paint is typically pretty good?

Tuco Blondin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW M3 F80
Country flag
it looks great! But almost blue-purple - is that the lighting (and reflections from the red car), or does it actually look like that to the naked eye outside?
I would say both, the color changes quite a bit depending on the light 😊

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Did your detailer say how much correction was required? I think Porsche paint is typically pretty good?
For those that care about this kind of thing (and I do), these cars require at least a moderate paint correction as there is a fair amount of light scratches and marring that is part of normal handling. They dont look bad to the uninitiated but for those that would notice slight defects, you should plan on the fact that a couple of hours of paint correction is warranted.

This rabbit hole is only worth going down if the intent is to protect the car with PPF/Ceramic and properly take care of it with regular maintenance. If not, any PPF on top of the paint (without correction) would hide the minor defects and protect the paint.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car will definitely be detailed (and paint corrected, where needed) before collection. The main question is whether I will add PPF too!

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club IMG_9887

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club f2f6ad7a-ea05-497b-a02e-2a69a51c8718
Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club IMG_0140

Had the delivery of my brand new ST 2 months ago. Today I tried the rear bike rack for the first time. It didn’t seem to impact my range yet, although I have to admit that the range never been really high. Installation of the bike carrier is quite easy and it feels very robust.