Going nuts. How do i connect to my mobile hotspot?

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
It came up automatically after you plug it in.

It has nothing to do with the phone. If you are talking about having Internet connectivity for the Carlinkit, then you can set that up with your phone as a hotspot and have the Carlinkit connect to it. But that’s kind of irrelevant until your Carlinkit is working on the PCM.

No SD card needed. I only use SD card to update but they’ve since added OTA.

On carlinkit I either put in a spare sim card or I connect to my phone’s hotspot.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Taycanmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan 4s
Country flag
It came up automatically after you plug it in.

It has nothing to do with the phone. If you are talking about having Internet connectivity for the Carlinkit, then you can set that up with your phone as a hotspot and have the Carlinkit connect to it. But that’s kind of irrelevant until your Carlinkit is working on the PCM.

No SD card needed. I only use SD card to update but they’ve since added OTA.

On carlinkit I either put in a spare sim card or I connect to my phone’s hotspot.
Thanks, guess I'll keep messing with it. Nit sure why not being detected

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It just shows my phone under devices.

Do you mind giving a step by step how you set up? Like connect device to phone by hotspot or Bluetooth, turn car on, plug in device...and whatever else you need to do? Because I don't see it no matter what I try. Also, do you have an SD card with the apps on there or its supposed to be preloaded?
Which USB port are you connecting to?
Sponsored