Help with Porsche Connect and My Porsche Mobile App Issue

VTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Audi S5, Volvo XC90
Country flag
Just took delivery of my Taycan a couple of weeks ago and really enjoying the drive. However, I have not been able to access any of the Porsche Connect features on the My Porsche mobile app or desktop site (Porsche Charging, Climate, Car Control, Lock & Unlock, etc). The car shows up in my account and the app says "remote access authorization activated." When I hover to any of the above mentioned services, it says "Activating Porsche Connect Services. You will be able to use them shortly" or "Activation in progress- activation may take up to 10 mins" and has been stuck with those same messages for two weeks.

I went through the whole process at the dealer including inputting credit card and the dealer thought it would have been activated shortly after delivery. Porsche tech support has no idea how to fix and has "escalated to Germany."

Curious if anyone had a similar issue/experience and how you were able to get it fixed? Seems like it should be as simple as someone just activating the service at Porsche and not a PCM or software issue.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Any advice appreciated! Thanks.
Congrats on taking delivery! I took delivery of my RWD four weeks ago and have had similar troubles with the mobile app. When I tried remote cooling, the car soft-bricked on me and I ended up powering the car down and then restarting it. I even logged out of it to charge at EA on a recent road trip.

The problem you're experiencing looks more extreme than what I went through, so my advice that follows may or may not be useful.

> About my vehicle
Porsche Taycan Help with Porsche Connect and My Porsche Mobile App Issue 1657322382751

There will be two circles on the left side of the webpage. The first circle is for Remote Access Authorization, and the second is for Online software updates. Are both of your circles green like mine, or is one or both red? (If they're both green, then sorry I don't know what to do next for you.)
Porsche Taycan Help with Porsche Connect and My Porsche Mobile App Issue 1657322516811

If either of the circles is red, click on it and follow the prompts. The goal is to get green bars for all of your configurable services under My Connect Services found further down the same webpage.
Porsche Taycan Help with Porsche Connect and My Porsche Mobile App Issue 1657322738294

I hope this helps ... and hope others have more advanced advice than me ...

OP
OP
VTaycan

VTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the advice and sorry to hear you're having issues as well. Both those circles are green for me. However, the one to the left is yellow and all the features below except Online Software Update are light green and say "you will be able to use these features shortly." Has said the same thing since I took delivery....

Porsche Taycan Help with Porsche Connect and My Porsche Mobile App Issue 1657326354343

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Raise it with Porsche NA.

Services can take way too long to activate.

I contacted the Tech folk by raising a ticket to remove any back office blockers there may have been.

Don't sweat it as the 'prize' is underwhelming at best and can introduce a whole new world of pain with remote services which don't work reliably.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
there is a nice shortcut in the myporsche app to create a ticket:

shake your phone while the app is open and explain the error and even attach pictures. They are pretty much a fast track to the developers.

cbx313

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S/Cayenne GTS Coupe/Macan S/911 Carrera S
Country flag
there is a nice shortcut in the myporsche app to create a ticket:

shake your phone while the app is open and explain the error and even attach pictures. They are pretty much a fast track to the developers.
The Instabug feature is currently disabled in the US until we have enough staff in place to handle all the additional cases it will create.

If you all ever see the Activation message on your My Porsche web portal lasting longer than 30 minutes, please call us at 1-800-PORSCHE, asking for the Digital team. We are trained to immediately escalate that to our engineers, as it tends to be an issue with the purchase request timing out after an extensive series of attempts to reconnect (for Porsche services) or a failed booking (for Verizon/Cubic).

OP
OP
VTaycan

VTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just wanted to share that my Porsche Connect was finally activated (6 weeks after purchase) through multiple calls by me and dealer to Porsche Connect Customer Service. No communication as to what the issue was or why it took so long for them to look into it. Appreciate the advice from this forum to push for escalation and for the recommendations!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Glad the problem was finally resolved. Should not have taken so long.
You might want to read posts on here cautioning about not keeping phone apps on and communicating with the car 24/7 due to concerns that such constant access with the app drains the 12v battery.
Sponsored