Google maps search in navigation not working?

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Hi all, has anyone had issues with the Google maps search in the navigation not working recently? It seems to be unreliable lately and works on-and-off, possibly related to location and LTE signal strength.
Sponsored

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi all, has anyone had issues with the Google maps search in the navigation not working recently? It seems to be unreliable lately and works on-and-off, possibly related to location and LTE signal strength.
Today I noticed that it only says "Off Road (NL)" more than 50 plus items but maybe it is linked to reconnecting to Porsche Connect which took Porsche 14 days to activate (mine was due for renewal after the initial 3 years free of charge)

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have this issue. Also cannot use Spotify, Apple Music/Podcasts, or online radio.

Which makes it seem like a connectivity issue, yet the car is still uploading its data (state of charge, windows closed, doors locked, etc), and I can send it requests to turn on climate control from the app, so that can't be it.

OP
OP

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I experimented a bit to try and figure out the root cause. At first I suspected carplay and tried disconnecting my phone. It seemed to work at first, but stopped eventually.

It seems like the car is able to connect to LTE when the car first starts, but drops the connection after I start driving for a few minutes. I haven't timed exactly how long, but I sat in the car for 10 minutes and Google search still worked. After driving for a minute or 2, I lost connection. Very strange!

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's been fixed for me. Both Spotify and Google search in nav.

Per PCNA:

I don't believe I can go too far into the specifics but the issue stemmed from the data package that is specifically set up for the use of Online radio and other services of the nature. There was an issue where our system removed the package and we just had to enable the data package again. Once enabled everything began to function as normal.
When I asked if they're investigating why it happened, they (promptly!) replied with:

Yes, we are investigating why the package was removed for your Taycan and other owner's vehicles. I do not have more information past this though. We have not seen a reoccurrence of the package removal for other vehicles since activating the packages again.

OP
OP

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice! Could you share how you were able to get it fixed?

I just decided to schedule a dealership visit, but if there's something I can do at home, I'd rather do that.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice! Could you share how you were able to get it fixed?

I just decided to schedule a dealership visit, but if there's something I can do at home, I'd rather do that.
I reached out to Porsche North America support and they eventually escalated the case to Porsche Germany. Not a thing I could have done myself, Porsche had to do stuff on their end of things.

Reach out to 1-800-PORSCHE or [email protected] if you have the same issue and it's not fixed

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have this issue. Also cannot use Spotify, Apple Music/Podcasts, or online radio.

Which makes it seem like a connectivity issue, yet the car is still uploading its data (state of charge, windows closed, doors locked, etc), and I can send it requests to turn on climate control from the app, so that can't be it.
It's been fixed for me. Both Spotify and Google search in nav.

Per PCNA:

I don't believe I can go too far into the specifics but the issue stemmed from the data package that is specifically set up for the use of Online radio and other services of the nature. There was an issue where our system removed the package and we just had to enable the data package again. Once enabled everything began to function as normal.

When I asked if they're investigating why it happened, they (promptly!) replied with:

Yes, we are investigating why the package was removed for your Taycan and other owner's vehicles. I do not have more information past this though. We have not seen a reoccurrence of the package removal for other vehicles since activating the packages again.
So... it's happened again. No Spotify, no Google nav integration. When trying to select Spotify, I get a message "A data package error has occurred. Please check at My Porsche."

Come ON, Porsche. This is ridiculous.
Sponsored