First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all,

Recently I noticed the google search function disappear in my MY20 Taycan, and I can tell by:
1. google search button disappears when you search in the navigation.
2. Yelp ratings disappear from the search list.
3. Electrify America station no longer shows real-time data and availability.
However, the cellular function seems not to be bothered at all, for instance, map and calendar updates are still working, news and weather are working just fine as well so the car itself is connected for sure.

And thoughts?
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
You maybe a victim of the Porsche connect update that is supposed to happen today. Did you get the email about this?

OP
OP
hwillz1227

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You maybe a victim of the Porsche connect update that is supposed to happen today. Did you get the email about this?
Yes, I did receive an email regarding the update, which the email says the update would took place yesterday April 26th but I haven't noticed anything changed in the infotainment today I started the car.
Despite all these, the issue with Google search and online stuff started like a week ago, which was way before Porsche sent me any email :\

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes, I did receive an email regarding the update, which the email says the update would took place yesterday April 26th but I haven't noticed anything changed in the infotainment today I started the car.
Despite all these, the issue with Google search and online stuff started like a week ago, which was way before Porsche sent me any email :\
I have the same problem Google Search disappeared.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Interesting, mine is there. Car 3 weeks old.
In that case it might be in connection with the Porsche OTA update that came on the 26th of April, that older cars have an issue with the Google search function? Mine has worked for two years but is definitely not there any more now. Not sure when it completely disappeared though?

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In that case it might be in connection with the Porsche OTA update that came on the 26th of April, that older cars have an issue with the Google search function? Mine has worked for two years but is definitely not there any more now. Not sure when it completely disappeared though?
Mine also worked till recently. It might be that the new structure works with newer PCM versions but not with the old 2020 software.

Can anyone with a MY21 confirm that they have still the Google Search function

Nesting

First Name
Jordane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
I have a MY22 Taycan with the latest PCM and the Google search is there.

I live in Canada if territory can have an impact.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I live in Canada if territory can have an impact.
I sincerely hope that territory will not enter as a variable as well. But you never know with Porsche?

Since the videos are for global use I think there is something that has gone astray in their server implementation. I just cannot believe that such a simple but fundamental piece of sw suddenly is taken away.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I sincerely hope that territory will not enter as a variable as well. But you never know with Porsche?

Since the videos are for global use I think there is something that has gone astray in their server implementation. I just cannot believe that such a simple but fundamental piece of sw suddenly is taken away.
Agree. My dealer also doesn't know what happened and is checking bij Porsche. BTW there is a similar thread on the G button. Maybe these can be combined

franksc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Porsche 911, 2021 Audi Q7, 2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have same issue with Google so I did a factory reset to the PCM and did not fix. Apple Podcast had also disappeared.

Just wanted people to know so they don’t have to go through all the setup again. Forgot all timers, profiles and Homelinks got removed.

So many locations I used to use built in Nav for only could be found by Google.

franksc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Porsche 911, 2021 Audi Q7, 2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got a Google Search OTA today and the G button is back,in Nav. Forgot to check for Podcasts, maybe with one of other OTAs today

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For those who lost these features they should be returning via an OTA update (3) which was pushed out 2 days ago.
Sponsored