Greetings Bay Area ppl!

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Audi A6
1. We used Willow Glen Electric for our Tesla wall charger and they were incredibly professional and did a great job. Have not yet decided if we will ditch that charger and get one that doesn't require an adapter or not. (We will no longer own Teslas, the build quality issues were just abysmal, their only saving grace was being Electric and Autopilot)
2. We have used Wheel Xpress in San Jose and learned not to go with the cheaper places. We are doing full PPF wrap and a ceramic coating at OCDetailing which is a top shop in the area. It is quite pricey though. PPF= protection from scratches, dents, and minor accidents(we have a terrible shared driveway with several other houses, and have scraped our cars turning into the garage before, and PPF has 100% protected the paint from what would have been thousands to repair). Ceramic=super easy to clean.
3. Depends on car color. We are going with Frozen Blue, so won't.

For those still looking for a car: branch out! The bay area dealers as has been mentioned before in this thread have absolutely insane waits. Like, hundreds of cars deep.
If you are willing to do North of bay area, or in socal, there are plenty of dealers with allocation slots available. We found several when we were ordering back in February timeframe with immediate slots available. (In fact, ours is on a boat now from one of those slots we found from a dealer in LA)
That's exactly what I did. My local dealer dealer was giving me an estimated date of early next-year I was able to find one in SoCal that should finish production 7/10 for a late August delivery. Though, now I think local dealers are getting stock since many people cancelled orders.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got a call from Stevens Creek that they have allocations available for an August build. Since i already have one, I turned it down.

Ask for Dale, although may be giving slots to people already with reservations, you never know.

good luck

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As my car waits to get on the boat, I have to think about at home charging options and have two questions:
1. Would you recommend another charging station (juicebox) or would the mobile charger connect suffice?
2. Any electrician recommendations in Marin county?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As my car waits to get on the boat, I have to think about at home charging options and have two questions:
1. Would you recommend another charging station (juicebox) or would the mobile charger connect suffice?
2. Any electrician recommendations in Marin county?
1. I would certainly recommend the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. It's very well made and has lots of functionality. It's a bit bulky to carry but could in a pinch, easily enough removed from the wall. Just install a 50A circuit to a NEMA 14-50 about 3-4ft up on the wall and you will be set.
2. Sorry no recommendations.

Last edited:

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1. I would certainly recommend Lee mobile charger connect. It's very well made and has lots of functionality. It's a bit bulky to carry but could in a pinch, easily enough removed from the wall. Just install a 50A circuit to a NEMA 14-50 about 3-4ft up on the wall and you will be set.
2. Sorry no recommendations.
Thanks Ron! I will stick to the charger that comes with the car :like:

OP
OP
Miwa

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm just going to keep using the ChargePoint I already have at home, and leave the Porsche charger in it's case somewhere in the garage. If it ever gets annoying have two EVs and one EVSE, I'll have to look into some of the brands that have network coordination of multiple units.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I'm just going to keep using the ChargePoint I already have at home, and leave the Porsche charger in it's case somewhere in the garage. If it ever gets annoying have two EVs and one EVSE, I'll have to look into some of the brands that have network coordination of multiple units.
Yeah, that's where I am at the moment. We have a Chargepoint Flex, and we'll see how it works out. I have my eye on the Clipper Creek dual charger system, which is pricey but looks like a good solution for sharing a 50 Amp circuit.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, that's where I am at the moment. We have a Chargepoint Flex, and we'll see how it works out. I have my eye on the Clipper Creek dual charger system, which is pricey but looks like a good solution for sharing a 50 Amp circuit.
ClipperCreeks are well made and have great customer service. I helped spec and set up 38 of them at our workplace workplace. They are the shared 40A models.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had a friend see a Carmine Red Taycan 4S on Mount Hamilton, anyone from this thread trying some twisty roads? I certainly plan to once I take delivery.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
Certainly not me. Yesterday my dealer told me that delivery is pushed back to the end of August.
Yep - had my turbo for a few months now - looks like my profile pic - Love it but there are early adopter problems - find my thread (s).

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
Hey there Bay Area folks, new member here from the South Bay. Just ordered a MY'21 4S with expected delivery in Feb 2021. The picture shows my config. (It's also here http://www.porsche-code.com/PMVIZ619 but not yet accessible from the US).

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing!

Porsche Taycan Greetings Bay Area ppl! Taycan_Confi

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Love that Neptune Blue @Dak , that's probably the biggest thing I miss by getting the 2020. It will be exciting seeing a few Taycans in the sea of Tesla in the Bay Area ;) .

Reactions: Dak

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Hey there Bay Area folks, new member here from the South Bay. Just ordered a MY'21 4S with expected delivery in Feb 2021. The picture shows my config. (It's also here http://www.porsche-code.com/PMVIZ619 but not yet accessible from the US).

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing!

Taycan_Config.jpg
Hey Dak,

Just curious which dealer did you order from and how did you configure the 2021 options without the configurator being online yet? Did you have to customize it physically at the dealer? Did they let you know the exact date where last minute changing options are locked? Appreciate the response :)

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
Hey Dak,

Just curious which dealer did you order from and how did you configure the 2021 options without the configurator being online yet? Did you have to customize it physically at the dealer? Did they let you know the exact date where last minute changing options are locked? Appreciate the response :)
Yes, I had to configure this at the dealership (Porsche of Stevens Creek). They said that I had a few more weeks to make changes but no firm date yet for when it locks.
Sponsored