GTS Allocation received! Build comments?

Which build is best? Gentian Blue GTS

• Total voters

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
None of the above options work for me I’m afraid. I get the connection to the callipers but, the chalk seatbelts look totally out of place with the red not far behind imho.

I went with the graphite blue seatbelts and some stitching as a nod to the Gentian Blue exterior as it’s a more subtle connection? Could be wrong.

The great thing about optioning a Porsche is the ability to make it your own so, go with what you like best as it will be you looking at it most. Good luck. 👍
Sponsored

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
@MrBlueSky, glad to get your opinion. What color deviated stitching did you select with the graphite blue seatbelts?

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
@MrBlueSky, glad to get your opinion. What color deviated stitching did you select with the graphite blue seatbelts?
I didn’t go with the deviated for the seats etc (I have optioned the slate grey interior) but chose graphite blue stitching for the Race-Tex options that I went for (roof handles etc). I decided against the deviated stitching elsewhere as it felt like there was too much appearing when I just wanted a subtle look. That said, I think it would have looked good as well though.

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
It's shame they don't offer matching graphite blue stitching for the leather interior, at least not here in the US

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
It's shame they don't offer matching graphite blue stitching for the leather interior, at least not here in the US
Apologies - I wasn’t very clear. The UK configurator is the same and only offers Speed Blue as well. What I meant was, I decided against the extended deviated stitching before noticing Graphite Blue wasn’t available anyway.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
@vroomer, out of curiosity, would you be choosing the PSCB brakes purely for the caliper color?

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
I had initially settled on the Mission E's, so had to pick the PSCB. If I were to do the Spyders now, then based on my reading in these forums, my rationale would be no brake dust, no rust, larger brake visibility and better performance (debateable given regen function), and yes the white color.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had initially settled on the Mission E's, so had to pick the PSCB. If I were to do the Spyders now, then based on my reading in these forums, my rationale would be no brake dust, no rust, larger brake visibility and better performance (debateable given regen function), and yes the white color.
I was just curious, as there are aftermarket solutions allowing you to wrap or paint brake calipers to any color you want. So you'd pick your brakes based on performance characteristics you want (which would include reduced dust generation from PSCB) and then change their color to match your taste.

PS> Personally I think red calipers accent the a blue car the best btw.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
How did you find this out? I'm always amazed at the varying amounts of insider info on this site!
Whatever info it was, wasn't right. I got my GTS ST allocation in november and I am in Illinois. However my various options (orange interior stitch) apparently means my freeze date got pushed from Dec 1st to Feb 11th, and arrival will be in April now.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
OK, based on your comments and critiques, I went back to the drawing board (somewhat).

I'm still favoring deviated stitching to get some contrast in the black interior. However I have abandoned the Speed Blue stitching. For stitching and belts, I am deciding on CHALK (to compliment the PSCB calipers) vs BORDEAUX RED (to compliment red standard calipers).

I am also waffling on the Mission-E's vs RS Spyder's based on the rock chip problem.

So I have 3 builds to choose from:
1. RS Spyders, standard brakes red calipers, Bordeaux Red stitching and belts
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSWGKF3
GB-Spyder-red.jpg

2. RS Spyders, PSCB brakes white calipers, Chalk stitching and belts
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPWBAIL2
GB-Spyder-white.jpg

3. Mission-Es, PSCB brakes white calipers, Chalk stitching and belts
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP83EFY1
GB-MissionE-white.jpg

Please answer the poll at the top! Can't thank you all enough.
Link to poll at top of this thread:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/gts-allocation-received-build-comments.13416/
I voted option 2.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I've decided standard sticihing on the GTS seats for 2 reasons.

1. Way too expensive for me to justify, 2640 euros in France. And I'm trying to ensure what I option is mainly functional considering it is a GTS. Already spent 19k euros on options.
2. It may delay the delivery date. So far since ordering against an allocation my order has been brought forward 2 months earlier.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Out my way, contrast stitching is over $8200 AUD (= 5270 Euro), so very hard to justify and not in my config.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whatever info it was, wasn't right. I got my GTS ST allocation in november and I am in Illinois. However my various options (orange interior stitch) apparently means my freeze date got pushed from Dec 1st to Feb 11th, and arrival will be in April now.
Maybe or maybe not due to options. My freeze date moved around, build got frozen and then thawed 3 times so far, and I haven’t made a single change to my build.
Sponsored