GTS Allocation received! Build comments?

Which build is best? Gentian Blue GTS

• Total voters
OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Ha! freeze date is in a few weeks. I have been forcing myself to stay off the configurator with some success.

Changes:
+Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear)
+B-Pillar Trims in Race-Tex

Still pondering the graphite blue seatbelts per this thread!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
REVISED BUILD! Freeze date coming up soon.

Thanks again to everyone for their comments. Here is my V3 build for your comments!

Changes from my last iteration:
- ADD Porsche Crest on headrests

- ADD B-pillar trims in Race-Tex

- ADD Ventilated Seats (Front)

- REMOVE headlights in Glacier Blue, revert back to standard Black

- ADD Deletion of GTS Logo on Side Skirts
- ADD Deletion of Model Designation
Am I crazy to debadge the GTS???

- ADD 19.2 kW On-Board Charger
Had to think hard about this one. We will be doing some remodeling in the future and will likely need to upgrade our electrical panel. So I will add in a 100A circuit to use the Porsche Wall Connect Charger at 80A.

http://www.porschecode.com/PP4PCGK2
Deviated Stitching is in Speed Blue

Porsche Taycan GTS Allocation received! Build comments? GTS v3 pg1
Porsche Taycan GTS Allocation received! Build comments? GTS v3 pg2

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Congrats on the allocation, vroomer. I was told only 8 slots were released in Novermber for the entire US and all went to CA, so I did not get mine with order placed in May for a 2023 Turbo.

I would say you have an unusual build since you removed a lot of exclusive to GTS options (black spyders with red calipers, race tex interior with GTS logo, and GTS badges). I did not go for a GTS since I prefer Turbo exclusive elements but otherwise GTS would be my choice. Also, Gentian looks purple under a lot of lighting conditions so as long you are good with that, it is a very rich color, and not exclusive to the Taycan lineup. Also, a mix of different blues (belts and stitching) on the inside would be unpredicatable to me but would give a nice contrast.

I saw a recently delivered GTS in Neptune to the dealership, not my choice of color, but it looked stunning with black Olea leather with chalk stitching.

You are very lucky to get an allocation so I would consider that a moment to enjoy.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't buy any Porsche EVSE (PMCC, or Porsche Wall Charger Connect). They are not good products. Read threads and posts on this forum for reasons. The PMC+ comes as standard equipment - it is not good, either, so don't plan on using it as your primary residential EVSE.
Get one of the many good EVSEs from well-regarded EVSE manufacturers. See other posts.
Your first build code includes an optional basic wall mount for the PMCC. You don't need it.

Reactions: B61

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag

Thanks again to everyone for their comments. Here is my V3 build for your comments!

Had to think hard about this one. We will be doing some remodeling in the future and will likely need to upgrade our electrical panel. So I will add in a 100A circuit to use the Porsche Wall Connect Charger at 80A.

GTS v3 pg1.jpg
GTS v3 pg2.jpg
Wow! $40k+ in options! Congrats!

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Tell me about it. 4S with similar options ended up being same price, Turbo's were way more $$. I've never splurged on a car before. Current car is 14+ years old. I think i'm overcompensating lol

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Congrats on the allocation, vroomer. I was told only 8 slots were released in Novermber for the entire US and all went to CA, so I did not get mine with order placed in May for a 2023 Turbo.
How did you find this out? I'm always amazed at the varying amounts of insider info on this site!

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi @vroomer. Placed my GTS order in March, recently advised of a February build with late January lock in date. My config is almost the same as yours, except its in Silver. I had also selected the Mission e wheels in gloss black and agree with you that they look great. Recently I was on a walk in my neighborhood and as I came round a familiar corner there was a Taycan 4S in blue with black high gloss Mission e wheels. I stopped to look at the car not realizing the owner was sitting inside. Anyway he got out of the car and we had a long discussion about his car. Unfortunately there were a lot of chip marks on the Mission e wheels which exposed a very light undercoat color. The wheels did not look very good and he explained that he had re-painted three of the rims, but the chip marks returned. He recommended against the black gloss painted Mission e's.

So I have recently changed out the Mission e's for the Spyder wheels, which apparently do not suffer from this issue.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag

GTS v3 pg1.jpg
GTS v3 pg2.jpg
I deleted the side skirt GTS logo, but kept the rear model designation in gloss black. I'm completely new to Porsche but it seems to me the rear designation is very Porsche.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
i like v3 more than v1.

i ordered a 2022 GTS back in April, got my allocation in August which meant it became a 2023 model, had delays in production but finally went into production on Oct 31 and exited production on Nov 12. it shipped immediately and arrived Canada (halifax port) on Nov 30 and was released for transport to Toronto the same day. I just found out that current ETA is Dec 16, so it looks like i'll be getting a nice Christmas gift this year!

here's my build if you're interested: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKHRW55

since you're asking for opinions:

- i'd definitely stick to the RS spiders with a GTS. I was tempted by the Mission E's too, but the black RS Spyder wheels are exclusive to the GTS model so I felt I should not deviate from that.

- i'm not sure I would spend $5000 on stitching before I spend $3900 on the Sport Design pkg in carbon fiber (i did neither, just stating my preference of exterior finishes over interior at that price point).

Enjoy the wait!

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Really appreciating all the comments here. @OzzieT's comments about rock chips now has me thinking about the Mission E's. I'm also second guessing the blue stitching. argh. back to the configurator.

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
OK, based on your comments and critiques, I went back to the drawing board (somewhat).

I'm still favoring deviated stitching to get some contrast in the black interior. However I have abandoned the Speed Blue stitching. For stitching and belts, I am deciding on CHALK (to compliment the PSCB calipers) vs BORDEAUX RED (to compliment red standard calipers).

I am also waffling on the Mission-E's vs RS Spyder's based on the rock chip problem.

So I have 3 builds to choose from:
1. RS Spyders, standard brakes red calipers, Bordeaux Red stitching and belts
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSWGKF3
Porsche Taycan GTS Allocation received! Build comments? GB-Spyder-red

2. RS Spyders, PSCB brakes white calipers, Chalk stitching and belts
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPWBAIL2
Porsche Taycan GTS Allocation received! Build comments? GB-Spyder-white

3. Mission-Es, PSCB brakes white calipers, Chalk stitching and belts
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP83EFY1
Porsche Taycan GTS Allocation received! Build comments? GB-MissionE-white

Please answer the poll at the top! Can't thank you all enough.
Link to poll at top of this thread:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/gts-allocation-received-build-comments.13416/

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMO, red belts are strange with other selected colours.
So, my vote goes to #2
Sponsored