btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
I just picked up my 4S last night and I absolutely love the massage functions - very glad I optioned it!
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Since it seems like you're looking to cut out some cost (vs. adding other stuff), the below is what I probably would cut:

• Massage Seat back to vent seat only (700 saving)
  • Sport Chrono (800 saving). Only useful if you really expect to be changing driving modes a lot
  • RAS. I did spec this on mine, but was kind of a final option I choose on the margins. From what I understand it makes a difference, but is not crucial. Would get PSP instead though (1450 saving)
  • LED Matrix Headlights. I know over in UK you get full functionality, but it is a pretty expensive option as standard headlights are LED, just non-matrix capable. I'd say it's only worth the cost if you drive a lot at night in lower population areas. I don't think on a regular highway it'll have much use since there are a lot of cars around you, but will be more useful with less traffic that it can beam around (1221 saving)
Between that, it should get you back to 100k

RE: Leather, I personally am in the full leather camp, but don't blame those who don't spec it either. The standard interior does seem pretty good, but full leather is a noticeable step up. For me, it felt difficult buying a 100k+ car with mostly faux leather, so I had to option it

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
You're in the UK, too. With our tight roads and car parks, it'll really be a huge advantage given the length of the car. It also (according to my SA) improves the overall handling of the car.
I'm sure the car is totally fine without it, but I'd highly recommend speccing it.

A good number of the folks who say it isn't needed, don't live in the UK / Europe or have experience of the roads this way (slight generalisation, I know :) ).
The people that say it isn't valuable are people that did not include it in their spec. For more, look to my post "The Argument for RAS."

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
The people that say it isn't valuable are people that did not include it in their spec. For more, look to my post "The Argument for RAS."
Absolutely. The trick is to test drive both with and without (if possible).
It’s a good car without it, but it’s a *great* car with it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

Yesterday I got the exciting news I have just received a CT4S allocation for a September build. My dealer has asked for a final build as he has see a fair few random early lock ins recently and doesn't want me to suffer a miss spec. So I'm turning in my final build ASAP but thought I'd ask a couple of questions here first.

Here is my draft code:- PPSTTKE5

Something to mention is that I've gone tech with options not performance really. Second thing is that I'm trying to contain myself a little and bring it as close to 100K as I can but I'm slightly over so I'm either finding something to remove or if I can't then just looking behind the sofa or something. With that in mind, does anyone have any comments on items to strip or that I really should find the space to add?

1) Bose - I know sound is different for everyone and I am far from an audiophile I'd like to have a system that can at least handle itself. I play rock/metal/indie type stuff. Will the standard system be ok and I can cut 1K off the price or will I just be disappointed in the quality?

2) Rear steer - I've read and read on here and it seem completely down the middle 50/50 on if it is a must have or just ok. UK drivers, what are your thoughts? save the 1.6K (well a little less as I'll change to just power steer plus) or take advantage of it for our small and tight multistory parking?

3) Massage seats - I've always wanted them but never have so far. I'll defiantly be going for vented seats as I love that and had it on my last 3 cars and wouldn't like to be without but should I drop the massage if it isn't very good to save the £700 or kept it if the massage is actually nice and one you can feel.

4) Mode 3 cable - This one the dealer said is a must and I can see why but is £370 a fair price for it? I'm not sure if they are the same but a brief google seems to show many option at under £200 for what appears to be the same thing.

5) Black trim - I had left the silver round the doors and the low trims to silver along with the roof bars. I would normally black them out but to avoid cost I thought that maybe the balance of silver top middle and bottom of the car would look ok. The dealer seemed dead against this and heavily recommended that I black all out and then change the rear badge to black too. I can see it looks great on the configurator and there was a mamba CT at the show room all blacked out trim too but I haven't seen any in the silver standard trim yet, I wondered if the lower trims might lose some detail when blacked out. Anyone seen one, any thoughts? Might be a little way to save a chunk on the build or might just be the finishing touch to a very beautiful car.

6) Where has active lane keep gone (self steering to keep in lane)? I need active cruise but was stopping short of InnoDrive as I don't see the point. ALK used to be a separate option but seems to have gone.

I think that is all. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
1) Bose is the answer no question
2) Not essential but useful in certain day-to-day scenarios. Comes with power steering plus (a must). I have it and would always option it.
3) Never had this option and don’t suffer back strain. Likely not something you’d use daily. I would skip.
4) Public charge cable is standard. Dealer obviously doesn’t realise (used to be a paid for option). Rarely likely to use it but useful for low power AC charging just in case measure.
5) Personal choice. Silver works well with some colours - Black, Grey. At a minimum I would option black brushed aluminium tread plates as the standard silver ones look odd.
6) Dunno nor would I spec it - tried it and didn’t like due to flaws associated with it. Highly dependent on speed sign recognition accuracy (road signs can be wrong) and mapping accuracy (which can be wrong). Same issue with one of the standard cruise control speed limit control - random slowing down of the car so I have it permanently off and use the other cruise function which is flawless.

I think it is now incorporated into InnoDrive - check the detail of both ACC and InnoDrive on the Configurator.

ruartur

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla X
Country flag
After driving several different taycans with different options here is my take:

1. Definitely get BOSE. It is excellent and makes a big difference.
2. Skip rear steering. The difference is not very noticeable in normal driving andTaycan is excellent even without it. You won’t miss it.
3. mine came with massage seats. I wasn’t going to spec it but now that I have it, I love it, and everyone that sits in my car loves it. It’s a cool feature. I would get it again.
4. I’m in US. Not sure what that come with in UK so can’t comment.
5. I prefer black trim. Silver trim on outside doesn’t look modern to me. I do like the silver trim on the interior.
6. ALK is now only available to be spec’d with innodrive. As long as you have ACC you should technically be able to download ALK only via FOD. The only problem is that temporarily it is not available for 2022 model. Hopefully this will get fixed soon because I am waiting to download it.

Also on the topic of leather interior, I have to say that for me it is a must. I drove a Taycan with standard interior and it doesn’t belong on a 100k car. It belongs on something under 45k.

OP
OP
Rusk

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Thanks, all. Last question I think, is the massage seat actually moving parts or more of a cheat that some systems use where they simply inflate, deflate and move up and down the lumbar support?

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, all. Last question I think, is the massage seat actually moving parts or more of a cheat that some systems use where they simply inflate, deflate and move up and down the lumbar support?
I think you may want to look at it differently.

What you should be looking is whether the 'massage function is effective' and not necessarily the underlying tech (whether inflatable pouches or mechanical rollers). Both have their pros and cons.

I believe it is inflatable air packets rather than mechanical rollers - but the massage function may still be very effective.

When I looked at the massage function, I realised that it is only on the back an not on the base - hence did not spec it...

magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I promise you the jump from base stereo to Bose stereo is substantial, option it.

RAS can be useful but I do not find it necessary. The taycan is a long car (compared to a mid-size suv, surprisingly it's longer than a cayenne) but it turns better than most cars. I've driven longer cars than the taycan with worse handling in Europe and it was fine. If you're pinching pennies, then it's not worth it imo.
Sponsored