dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just got my allocation and wanted to get some feedback on my order.
Also if anyone has insights/thoughts on the deviated stitching. I'm super on the fence about it mainly how it looks but also is the cost worth it for re-sale.
I *was* on the fence on the seat belts but I have been convinced to do them so I am a go for those.
Any other feedback on the build welcome :)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSNZB82

Thanks!
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I just got my allocation and wanted to get some feedback on my order.
Also if anyone has insights/thoughts on the deviated stitching. I'm super on the fence about it mainly how it looks but also is the cost worth it for re-sale.
I *was* on the fence on the seat belts but I have been convinced to do them so I am a go for those.
Any other feedback on the build welcome :)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSNZB82

Thanks!
Congrats on the GTS allocation. I wonder if you could share details on the Build and Delivery ETA.

Love the Chalk as I have it on the Cayenne so not a day goes by that I am not impressed with the color. I just washed it yesterday and the color is just amazing.

You have to be careful with the stitching. Bordeaux Red is very dark so it will not give you much contrast if at all over Black. I have seeing it on the Cayenne Black/Bordeaux interior, and it is not visible. I have Chalk over Graphite Blue dual tone interior on the Cayenne and that combo really works with Chalk Belts. Also, please note that the Calipers are brighter red more closely matching to Carmine Red exterior so again Bordeaux Red anything interior would not match.

I wonder the rationale for InnoDrive. I have done much research and it is just not there yet. What specifically do you like and how you plan to use it?

I also wonder the choice for 18-way vs. 14-way. I love 18-way on the SUVs, but I settled on 14-way as they are slimmer and better looking in the Taycan plus you can get the Massage function on them with anyone having it absolutely loves the way it is executed vs. gimmicky MB execution.

I also see you did not choose Gloss Black for the lower part of the mirror option: Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black ($660). You will see the cheap plastic of the mirror housing all the time while you look out the window. That goes well with the rest of the gloss black around windows.

Other than that, if you want to save a few dollars then I would skip puddle projectors as you get standard ones for free and then can get the kind with Porsche projection for much cheaper at Suncoast so you will have 2 sets. They are easy to swap.

Same goes for the weather mats. I ask the dealer to throw them in for free so just work them a little.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I also see you did not choose Gloss Black for the lower part of the mirror option: Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black ($660). You will see the cheap plastic of the mirror housing all the time while you look out the window. That goes well with the rest of the gloss black around windows.
+2 for painted mirror trims. They are a must have to eliminate the cheap black plastic. Since you have black interior I would go with CHALK stitching and CHALK seat belts to compliment the CHALK paint. Aluminum rhombus interior will top it off nicely.

My mirrors painted:
Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching PPF & ceramic

OP
OP

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Congrats on the GTS allocation. I wonder if you could share details on the Build and Delivery ETA.

Love the Chalk as I have it on the Cayenne so not a day goes by that I am not impressed with the color. I just washed it yesterday and the color is just amazing.

You have to be careful with the stitching. Bordeaux Red is very dark so it will not give you much contrast if at all over Black. I have seeing it on the Cayenne Black/Bordeaux interior, and it is not visible. I have Chalk over Graphite Blue dual tone interior on the Cayenne and that combo really works with Chalk Belts. Also, please note that the Calipers are brighter red more closely matching to Carmine Red exterior so again Bordeaux Red anything interior would not match.

I wonder the rationale for InnoDrive. I have done much research and it is just not there yet. What specifically do you like and how you plan to use it?

I also wonder the choice for 18-way vs. 14-way. I love 18-way on the SUVs, but I settled on 14-way as they are slimmer and better looking in the Taycan plus you can get the Massage function on them with anyone having it absolutely loves the way it is executed vs. gimmicky MB execution.

Other than that, if you want to save a few dollars then I would skip puddle projectors as you get standard ones for free and then can get the kind with Porsche projection for much cheaper at Suncoast so you will have 2 sets. They are easy to swap.

Same goes for the weather mats. I ask the dealer to throw them in for free so just work them a little.
Thank you for your amazing an thorough reply.

What they said was lock is end of Feb, which I assume means a March build and mid June delivery. It's all happening super quick I think I just lucked out hard.

Noted on the stitching, I was super on the fence about it and wasn't sure if it was worth the cost. If I did the stitching in guards red would that look odd with the Bordeaux red seat belts? For some reason their configurator shows the red seat belts much brighter in color - see attached... Now your comments on that red not matching have me thinking what color to do the seat belts in. I'm iffy on chalk as I don't want them to get stained with jeans or dirty just from use. Thoughts?

Innodrive I actually didn't even think much about it, I chose the technology package and I think that was selected. I do want LKA and ACC, not sure what the added cost of Innodrive is above those two items though.

For the seats, I hear you on the massage and good to know it's not shitty like MB's but I just hate the look of the 14-Way seats. I really like the way the 18-Way seats look. Reminds me of my old RS5. Is the massage function that worth it to get seats I'm not super in love with?

Noted on the mirrors, would you lean more towards all pain or the high gloss and paint. I think I like the high gloss and paint option you mentioned, I like the contrast.

Noted on the puddle, and I could try and get the dealer to give me something but I am going an experience center pickup without going to the dealer.

Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching iris

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your amazing an thorough reply.

What they said was lock is end of Feb, which I assume means a March build and mid June delivery. It's all happening super quick I think I just lucked out hard.

Noted on the stitching, I was super on the fence about it and wasn't sure if it was worth the cost. If I did the stitching in guards red would that look odd with the Bordeaux red seat belts? For some reason their configurator shows the red seat belts much brighter in color - see attached... Now your comments on that red not matching have me thinking what color to do the seat belts in. I'm iffy on chalk as I don't want them to get stained with jeans or dirty just from use. Thoughts?

Innodrive I actually didn't even think much about it, I chose the technology package and I think that was selected. I do want LKA and ACC, not sure what the added cost of Innodrive is above those two items though.

For the seats, I hear you on the massage and good to know it's not shitty like MB's but I just hate the look of the 14-Way seats. I really like the way the 18-Way seats look. Reminds me of my old RS5. Is the massage function that worth it to get seats I'm not super in love with?

Noted on the mirrors, would you lean more towards all pain or the high gloss and paint. I think I like the high gloss and paint option you mentioned, I like the contrast.

Noted on the puddle, and I could try and get the dealer to give me something but I am going an experience center pickup without going to the dealer.

iris.jpeg
- Red vs. Chalk. I have no issues with full Chalk seats even with teenagers riding in them. The belts are even more resilient and easy to clean. Therefore, if you just want the stitching in Chalk, it will give you more contrast. Yes the configuratior gives much brighter red than in real life so you can google good pictures of Bordeaux interior for other models, and it should give you a good idea of the real brightness. However, they will not match the GTS caliper red.

- Innodrive is a $1,570 on top of the Tech Package so it is a value that way, but it is just not worth it for any money. You will be getting everything but the ALK (Active Lane Keep) but that will still bug you with having your hands on the wheel requiring full attention and then drop speed all of a sudden prior to turns if it sees some traffic ahead.

- Good rationale on the seats. Get the 18-way of course as you have specific reason. I agree that Massage not worth it over the seats you do not like.

- Mirrors have two options: Contrasting Body/Gloss Black or just Body. I prefer the Contrast option.

- You are paying the dealer though, so I just ask them to through in the weather mats in.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You will see the cheap plastic of the mirror housing all the time while you look out the window. That goes well with the rest of the gloss black around windows.
+2 for painted mirror trims. They are a must have to eliminate the cheap black plastic.
Materials engineer here. Modern plastic parts are incredible technological achievements, and are not "cheap". Take the Taycan brake pedal for example: https://www.plasticstoday.com/autom...ke-pedal-porsche-taycan-electric-sports-sedan.
Cheap is a fair description where plastic is substituted for cost savings over performance improvement. In the case of the Taycan exterior trim, the only higher performing material that is a realistic substitute for plastic is carbon fiber.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Materials engineer here. Modern plastic parts are incredible technological achievements, and are not "cheap". Take the Taycan brake pedal for example: https://www.plasticstoday.com/autom...ke-pedal-porsche-taycan-electric-sports-sedan.
Cheap is a fair description where plastic is substituted for cost savings over performance improvement. In the case of the Taycan exterior trim, the only higher performing material that is a realistic substitute for plastic is carbon fiber.
We are just talking about cosmetics and look here and not structural or functional performance of the plastics used. Taycan is no different from other P models by using so called items "in Black" as standard material in the Standard Spec list on the configurator and at times there is a choice to turn it into "Gloss Black" or "Paint in Exterior Color" or "Carbon Fiber" for extra making it look more premium. That is what I was referring to in terms of upgrading the mirror housing from "in Black" meaning stubby plastic to smooth and glossy "Gloss Black" look to match the B pillar standard gloss black look.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We are just talking about cosmetics and look here and not structural or functional performance of the plastics used. Taycan is no different from other P models by using so called items "in Black" as standard material in the Standard Spec list on the configurator and at times there is a choice to turn it into "Gloss Black" or "Paint in Exterior Color" or "Carbon Fiber" for extra making it look more premium. That is what I was referring to in terms of upgrading the mirror housing from "in Black" meaning stubby plastic to smooth and glossy "Gloss Black" look to match the B pillar standard gloss black look.
I'm just pointing out that plastic doesn't look "cheap" when you understand everything that went into developing and manufacturing the part.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm just pointing out that plastic doesn't look "cheap" when you understand everything that went into developing and manufacturing the part.
I totally respect what you are saying. I am just point out the standard stubby plastic look that you see every time you look out the window (standard trim) on the blue and then the upgraded gloss black look ($660 option) on the white.

Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching 1641866114882

OP
OP

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I totally respect what you are saying. I am just point out the standard stubby plastic look that you see every time you look out the window (standard trim) on the blue and then the upgraded gloss black look ($660 option) on the white.
Thanks a million for the pics. I understood what you were saying and these pics are incredibly helpful to see the differences. I will be getting the high-gloss option. Appreciate it!

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

1641866114882.png
I never thought the difference would be this much!! Now I'm looking at spending double to retrofit these! lol

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I never thought the difference would be this much!! Now I'm looking at spending double to retrofit these! lol
I am glad a lot of you liking this tip on the mirror base. This is directly from the configurator and it shows the difference very clearly. I drove my 2 testers and the standard "in Black" mirror base is just in your face (sitting in the driver sit looking out) which is a pretty standard treatment for other models. So this type of upgrade is a must for me.

Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching 1641872709901

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

As I got these effectively for 'free' on my M4 (and BTW, the M4 mirrors are arguably a heck of a lot more sexy on a car at half the price), I was TBH a bit pissed that I had to pay for this 'upgrade' on the Porsche but I knew that it is quite a big deal as very visible to anyone (but most importantly you) on the car.

All of the dull/matt grey plastic on these cars tends to look like crap after a number of years so anywhere you can delete it is generally a good decision - especially up high on the vehicle. The exception is down by the skirt for which there is a sort of 'get-out' clause as a 'sporty' look :)

Couldn't find a better view (w/o having to go out and take a new pic :)), but her are mine - they clean up and polish really well - massive difference imo.

Pic bef. I got rid of the nasty amber side lights :)
Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching IMG_4668

Had to include one with clear side markers :)
Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching IMG_3905

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
As I got these effectively for 'free' on my M4 (and BTW, the M4 mirrors are arguably a heck of a lot more sexy on a car at half the price), I was TBH a bit pissed that I had to pay for this 'upgrade' on the Porsche but I knew that it is quite a big deal as very visible to anyone (but most importantly you) on the car.

All of the dull/matt grey plastic on these cars tends to look like crap after a number of years so anywhere you can delete it is generally a good decision - especially up high on the vehicle. The exception is down by the skirt for which there is a sort of 'get-out' clause as a 'sporty' look :)

Couldn't find a better view (w/o having to go out and take a new pic :)), but her are mine - they clean up and polish really well - massive difference imo.

Pic bef. I got rid of the nasty amber side lights :)
IMG_4668.jpeg

Had to include one with clear side markers :)
IMG_3905.jpeg
Nice job on the side markers! My order is locked so won't be able to switch to gloss black mirror base, but rang the dealer to see all the same :p

Anyone found a solution for all the other plastic parts (air inlets, around the headlights, front apron, etc.)? Possible to wrap this in gloss black film?

On the deviated stitching, I was really keen to get this in chalk, but at the extortionate price I decided against it. The stitching on the lower center console and the doors are already kind of contrasting (at least what I try to convince myself), so would mostly be for the upper parts and the seats. It still looks amazing and I would love to have it, but cannot justify it at that price.
Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching 518_182333953b

Porsche Taycan GTS Order Feedback & Deviated Stitching 518_35946416b

Last edited: