GTS feedback wanted

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi all

been reading everything you all have been writing and saying for the last few months…thank you!

ive out my order in but is there anything I have forgotten? I did forget the B pillar race tex but added it in. Think I’ve got all the big things ticked. Was tempted to go internal leather as I have a 2 & 4 year old who make the inside of my car look like a hurricane hit it. SA advised it’s not a problem as they can coat it to protect it and it holds up better than people think

Porsche code - GTS UK

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all

been reading everything you all have been writing and saying for the last few months…thank you!

ive out my order in but is there anything I have forgotten? I did forget the B pillar race tex but added it in. Think I’ve got all the big things ticked. Was tempted to go internal leather as I have a 2 & 4 year old who make the inside of my car look like a hurricane hit it. SA advised it’s not a problem as they can coat it to protect it and it holds up better than people think

Porsche code - GTS UK

Thanks in advance
Huge spec!

Some features I wouldn't have but are personal choices - HUD (not needed IMHO given the digital cockpit and I found distracting), ACC + InnoDrive (don't like the sudden speed correction when the camera or mapping data is incorrect (issue also on the basic speed limiter so I never use)) being the main ones.

Notice you've gone carbon most places but not the door mirror caps.

OP
OP
darth_maul_80

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Huge spec!

Some features I wouldn't have but are personal choices - HUD (not needed IMHO given the digital cockpit and I found distracting), ACC + InnoDrive (don't like the sudden speed correction when the camera or mapping data is incorrect (issue also on the basic speed limiter so I never use)) being the main ones.

Notice you've gone carbon most places but not the door mirror caps.

interally the carbon comes as part of the camine package. Just thought adding it externally added tot he look but tbh i havent fully decided about the external part. Problem is i prefer the look of the rear sports design more with the carbon as it has extra bits in the carbon selection that isnt there for some reason on the gloss black which is present in different models. I liked the door mirros in carbon but wife prefered without ( i let her have that little bit :p)

Innodrive, HUD and night assist we have on our soon to be CT4 so i will get to road test those for a few months before deciding on my GTS. Not sure how useful they will be when i drive down dark countryside lanes in Buckinghamshire

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Spec looks great, but I agree with the above on a few (imho) needless options.
I wouldn't spec InnoDrive or Night View Assist. InnoDrive, by most accounts, is quite buggy and prone to sudden slowing down, and I just can't see the use case for Night View Assist other than a gimmick, and I live pretty rural.
I'm in two minds regarding the HUD, I can see the benefit, but is it needed given the digital display is so clear?
The money would be better spent on noise-insulated privacy glass, but that's just me :)

I have a little toddler and would never spec Race-Tex as it'll be a mess in no time. I suspect the SA might be upselling you...I specced my GTS order with a leather interior for this very reason.

Overall the options look solid.

OP
OP
darth_maul_80

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Spec looks great, but I agree with the above on a few (imho) needless options.
I wouldn't spec InnoDrive or Night View Assist. InnoDrive, by most accounts, is quite buggy and prone to sudden slowing down, and I just can't see the use case for Night View Assist other than a gimmick, and I live pretty rural.
I'm in two minds regarding the HUD, I can see the benefit, but is it needed given the digital display is so clear?
The money would be better spent on noise-insulated privacy glass, but that's just me :)

I have a little toddler and would never spec Race-Tex as it'll be a mess in no time. I suspect the SA might be upselling you...I specced my GTS order with a leather interior for this very reason.

Overall the options look solid.
sales guy actually said noise insulated glass not needed given its already very quiet inside. resale isnt a major issue as i have taaken the advice of others and getting what i want. SA did say GTS are more desireable in Race tex so i decided given our other taycan is all leather interior i dont mind it especially as exterior is so loud (well for me anyway lol)

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Wow, that is an epic spec. Is the PSCB worth it when you will be using regen 95% of the time? I have a HUD on X5 and love it, but tried a Panamera with one and found that it was simply in the way given the driving position and there is essentially no gap between the view of the road and instruments anyway. Also live in Bucks, so maybe see you around in a few months!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Looks like you will find out for yourself but HUD and an infra red night vision system is standard on our Plug-in Prius.
I look at the HUD display a bit but not enough to pay extra for.
In the 4 years we have owned the car we haven't had a warning from the night vision system so another thing I personally wouldn't pay extra for.
I would pay extra NOT to have "privacy glass" which ruins the looks IMO.
I did look into a GTS ST when the matrix lights were dropped from my 4S CT order but overall, transferring the spec across resulted in a slightly more expensive car I didn't like as much, so your experience will be very interesting.

OP
OP
darth_maul_80

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Looks like you will find out for yourself but HUD and an infra red night vision system is standard on our Plug-in Prius.
I look at the HUD display a bit but not enough to pay extra for.
In the 4 years we have owned the car we haven't had a warning from the night vision system so another thing I personally wouldn't pay extra for.
I would pay extra NOT to have "privacy glass" which ruins the looks IMO.
I did look into a GTS ST when the matrix lights were dropped from my 4S CT order but overall, transferring the spec across resulted in a slightly more expensive car I didn't like as much, so your experience will be very interesting.
I was torn between the ST and Sports saloon. In the end, as are getting a Ct I decided why not have one of each! The night vision i am only speccing in the hope i would spot the local wildlife before they sprint across the road. Luckily our cayenne has amazing brakes that we've always managed to avoid them so fa, but hitting a roe deer i know would result in serious damage to the car (and obviously the deer)

Wow, that is an epic spec. Is the PSCB worth it when you will be using regen 95% of the time? I have a HUD on X5 and love it, but tried a Panamera with one and found that it was simply in the way given the driving position and there is essentially no gap between the view of the road and instruments anyway. Also live in Bucks, so maybe see you around in a few months!
I'm really close by In Chalfont St Giles and do frequently go into High Wycombe so hopefully definitely bump into each other!

About the brakes honestly i dont know if it is worth it or not. I would've gotten ceramics had it not been for the SA and forum users saying better for track where heat can be generated. I wouldnt ever compromise on two things, brakes and tyres.

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just to chime in on the night view assist. I thought it was a pure gimmick at first but after learning it works preemptively and will warn you when it detects animals coming in through the woods towards the road ahead of you I immediately specced it since I live in moose territory.
Sponsored