GTS ....Saloon or ST

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
Hi, I have recently placed a deposit on a GTS and am really struggling on choice between the Saloon and ST. I have a lovely specced 4s currently in the Saloon and love its looks, colour choice also is tough as none of them are really jumping out apart from the stunning green when you click on the personalised paint option.
We have dogs but also own a Cayenne S as our family car. Decisions decisions.
Sponsored

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I was in the same position. 4S will be going and replaced with GTS ST. Should make life easier for the golf kit?

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Saloon is clearly the more sporty in terms of the looks. I have german shepherds and they like the saloon as sell.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, I have recently placed a deposit on a GTS and am really struggling on choice between the Saloon and ST. I have a lovely specced 4s currently in the Saloon and love its looks, colour choice also is tough as none of them are really jumping out apart from the stunning green when you click on the personalised paint option.
We have dogs but also own a Cayenne S as our family car. Decisions decisions.
I went from a Pana ST to a T4S and a TGTS ST on order. I prefer the ST look and is more practical in general.

Colour options are limiting for sure and PTS is outrageously expensive IMHO.

OP
OP

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
I went from a Pana ST to a T4S and a TGTS ST on order. I prefer the ST look and is more practical in general.

Colour options are limiting for sure and PTS is outrageously expensive IMHO.
I’m thinking of going base white or black and wrapping it, awaiting a couple of quotes.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Saloon is clearly the more sporty in terms of the looks. I have german shepherds and they like the saloon as sell.
That was certainly the conventional thinking 30-40 years ago, but with the Audi RS cars and Mercedes AMG cars, sporting estates became much more popular, and I think the ST looks equally as sport as it’s Saloon counterpart.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Looks wise I much prefer the saloon but with my dog being my most frequent passenger I have ordered a Cross Turismo even though I am still too young for golf.

I considered changing my order to a ST GTS because I think it looks nicer but the raised ride height of the CT will suit Oxfordshire roads better and the Sport sound is mandatory and compass not available on ST, small things but enough to tip the balance for me (I don't like the wart on the dashboard that comes with the knob and sports steering wheel but the compass makes it slightl;y amusing IMO).

So despite prefering the look of the saloon and the ST GTS I haven't changed my order.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks wise I much prefer the saloon but with my dog being my most frequent passenger I have ordered a Cross Turismo even though I am still too young for golf.

I considered changing my order to a ST GTS because I think it looks nicer but the raised ride height of the CT will suit Oxfordshire roads better and the Sport sound is mandatory and compass not available on ST, small things but enough to tip the balance for me (I don't like the wart on the dashboard that comes with the knob and sports steering wheel but the compass makes it slightl;y amusing IMO).

So despite prefering the look of the saloon and the ST GTS I haven't changed my order.
I think other ST variants will be launched very soon meaning you can have a 4S ST with no wort or Sport Design nonsense.

Can't imagine 2cm is a deal breaker but appreciate the preference.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think other ST variants will be launched very soon meaning you can have a 4S ST with no wort or Sport Design nonsense.

Can't imagine 2cm is a deal breaker but appreciate the preference.
2cm is quite a lot from a ride perspective.
The ST lacks that and gravel mode (for farm tracks visiting friends and relatives) and several other things I want.
What I don't particularly like about the CT is only the plastic trim round the wheelarches and the lowest 50 mm of the bodywork which I chose to paint grey in the confuserator to disguise it!

The plastic trim may well protect the paint from the odd scrape over the several years I own the car, even though I don't like the look. It is the interior I will be looking at.

During my car buying years I have tended to keep a car a long time if I like it and get rid quite quickly if I don't so something that helps long term is worthwhile for me (unless I hate it! which will only be down to the interior ergonomics which I am still concerned I might detest).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
2cm is quite a lot from a ride perspective.
The ST lacks that and gravel mode (for farm tracks visiting friends and relatives) and several other things I want.
What I don't particularly like about the CT is only the plastic trim round the wheelarches and the lowest 50 mm of the bodywork which I chose to paint grey in the confuserator to disguise it!

The plastic trim may well protect the paint from the odd scrape over the several years I own the car, even though I don't like the look. It is the interior I will be looking at.

During my car buying years I have tended to keep a car a long time if I like it and get rid quite quickly if I don't so something that helps long term is worthwhile for me (unless I hate it! which will only be down to the interior ergonomics which I am still concerned I might detest).
There is a lot of tech in there as you know - screens which smear all too easily so if OCD is a consideration then fortunately there are OEM screen protector sets - I need to invest in a set.

It would be an interesting comparison to try both vehicles on the same tracks with the same tyres with or without Gravel mode enabled to see how the AWD copes.

My neighbour went for black inserts which do a good job of disguising.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hi, I have recently placed a deposit on a GTS and am really struggling on choice between the Saloon and ST.
Do you have a place in both queues (Saloon and ST)? I wanted to keep my options open between 4S and Turbo, so had to place a deposit for each to avoid ending up at the back of the queue on one of them once I decide which one I want built (once I get offered a firm build slot for a 4S).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be an interesting comparison to try both vehicles on the same tracks with the same tyres with or without Gravel mode enabled to see how the AWD copes.
I am sure the AWD will be fine it is the ride clearance which is the problem with most cars on farm tracks IME. SUVs and trucks tend to be high enough but I want neither :)

The 4S CT suits me fine.
Sponsored