GTS with or without pan roof??

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
Hi all, I have an order for a GTS ST to replace my current 4s and still really struggling on colour choice due to the pan roof! It just doesn't look right (in my eyes) on the lighter colours, where on my 4s it seems to flow naturally into the rear windscreen.
I'm now drawn to the Gentian Blue or the Jet Black metallic if I want the pan roof. Anyone else having similar dilemmas? Pan roof stay or go? Also really interested that on the specs shared here, a lot of you guys are opting for the leather option versus Alcantara. Anyone have any "must" haves on the build apart from the obvious Spyder wheels?
Sponsored

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
Hi all, I have an order for a GTS ST to replace my current 4s and still really struggling on colour choice due to the pan roof! It just doesn't look right (in my eyes) on the lighter colours, where on my 4s it seems to flow naturally into the rear windscreen.
I'm now drawn to the Gentian Blue or the Jet Black metallic if I want the pan roof. Anyone else having similar dilemmas? Pan roof stay or go? Also really interested that on the specs shared here, a lot of you guys are opting for the leather option versus Alcantara. Anyone have any "must" haves on the build apart from the obvious Spyder wheels?
HI
Just took delivery of my CT4 in metallic black without a pano roof - will post a pic if you want to see - I love the sculpted roof line

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello,

I would (well I did, both on the T4S I have and the GTS that will come in March) really go for the panoramic roof, it is super good. The only reason not to take it would be if you can order the electrochromic glass. That may be even better.

Cheers,
Henrik

OP
OP

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
HI
Just took delivery of my CT4 in metallic black without a pano roof - will post a pic if you want to see - I love the sculpted roof line
Yes please, that would be great.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there in that with the body colour spoiler the panoramic roof does look a bit strange on certain colours. The CT with its black spoiler allowed the panoramic roof to blend in on all colours.

On a side note looking at some of the recent GTS reviews posted on YouTube, it looks like the new fancy roof appears to not be a consistent black colour…it seems like the outside is as it is now but then a clearer colour in the middle.

Anyway for me I’m not getting the panoramic roof, I feel it looks a lot better without it.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I think that the aluminum roof is a better esthetic choice, especially with lighter colors like my Dolomite Silver 4S, where the pano roof results in a "two-tone" color effect. I also like that it's lighter weight and doesn't cost extra. Some folks prefer the open feeling that the pano roof provides but coming from 911's the Taycan doesn't feel confined to me and I've never been a fan of glass moonroofs anyway. Just personal preference.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
For me, the panorama roof is a must have. I’ve spec mine (sedan) jet black so I don’t have that visual gap but I absolutely love it in lighter colors too.

I also ditch the Alcântara for an “all leather@ as mine will be a daily car (plus I have kids).

Besides the pan roof, must have for me are park assists and cameras, Bose sound, keyless, passenger display and 21’ wheels.

From a dynamic point of view, I think the “base” GTS is already a magnificent machine. Seriously, in a real word driving, how many of us will need the “resistance to fatigue” of the carbon-ceramic brakes (although the yellow calipers are gorgeous and our ego will be satisfied)?

And what about rear steering. Planing to make many u-turns in very tight spaces or to do extreme curves over 220 km/h?

Personally, mine will never see a track (besides the parking lot), so for real world driving, the base is more than enough.

Of course, my humble personal opinion.

Anyway, your panoramic should stay ?

Good luck with your GTS and safe rides ✌?

OP
OP

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me, the panorama roof is a must have. I’ve spec mine (sedan) jet black so I don’t have that visual gap but I absolutely love it in lighter colors too.

I also ditch the Alcântara for an “all leather@ as mine will be a daily car (plus I have kids).

Besides the pan roof, must have for me are park assists and cameras, Bose sound, keyless, passenger display and 21’ wheels.

From a dynamic point of view, I think the “base” GTS is already a magnificent machine. Seriously, in a real word driving, how many of us will need the “resistance to fatigue” of the carbon-ceramic brakes (although the yellow calipers are gorgeous and our ego will be satisfied)?

And what about rear steering. Planing to make many u-turns in very tight spaces or to do extreme curves over 220 km/h?

Personally, mine will never see a track (besides the parking lot), so for real world driving, the base is more than enough.

Of course, my humble personal opinion.

Anyway, your panoramic should stay ?

Good luck with your GTS and safe rides ✌?
Great reply thank you. My Gts will also be a daily driver, we will have very similar species cars ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Pano roof is a must have option (interior is dark due to small windows and interior colour can impact this further).

Totally agree on limited colour choice and PTS is just not a justifiable option for many (cost and delay).

I currently have mine specked in Volcano (this will be the 3rd Porsche on the trot to be the same colour) which would be a no brainer (for me) if choosing for the first time. To do it again would feel like not having a new car. I'm not brave enough to go Mamba (the colour is great), Mahogany is out, Frozen Anything is off the agenda, beige is out as is any white - solid, Carrera or Ice Grey (sorry it looks white). Black, Gentian, Silver and potentially Carmine (influence of launch cars in sunny climates!) are in scope but definitely not Cherry. I had a Neptune CT4S on demo but again the colour didn't do it for me. My neighbour has a Crayon CT4S so I can't go the same and until now didn't like the colour but it seems to suit the CT / ST look.

I think Volcano, Black, Gentian or Silver go well with the roof but if I were totally honest it goes well with all colours and is more a practical consideration than a cosmetic one. Addition of the roof rails (in black) is sublime as they do disappear into the roof.

Leather is just more practical - Alcantara / Race-Tex are ok for roof lining, pillars etc but on a dash and wheel I'm not so sure. For now I've gone extended leather.

Rear Wheel Steering (incl Power Steering Plus) - must have. PTV+ is already standard. PDCC is the ultimate final choice but comes at a cost and one that you may never feel the benefit off - if budget permits and you get to compare any Taycan with / without - then it would be in the real nice to have category and probably at the expensive of other toys such as ACC / InnoDrive etc.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
RWS is not an absolute must have, but it is on the top of my list of nice-to-have's. I use it probably once a week to turn in tight spots and it is amazing. I've used it a few times this week to park across the street from my house while they were doing some driveway work. Being able to do a 180 from one side of the street to the other is just really cool.

OP
OP

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pano roof is a must have option (interior is dark due to small windows and interior colour can impact this further).

Totally agree on limited colour choice and PTS is just not a justifiable option for many (cost and delay).

I currently have mine specked in Volcano (this will be the 3rd Porsche on the trot to be the same colour) which would be a no brainer (for me) if choosing for the first time. To do it again would feel like not having a new car. I'm not brave enough to go Mamba (the colour is great), Mahogany is out, Frozen Anything is off the agenda, beige is out as is any white - solid, Carrera or Ice Grey (sorry it looks white). Black, Gentian, Silver and potentially Carmine (influence of launch cars in sunny climates!) are in scope but definitely not Cherry. I had a Neptune CT4S on demo but again the colour didn't do it for me. My neighbour has a Crayon CT4S so I can't go the same and until now didn't like the colour but it seems to suit the CT / ST look.

I think Volcano, Black, Gentian or Silver go well with the roof but if I were totally honest it goes well with all colours and is more a practical consideration than a cosmetic one. Addition of the roof rails (in black) is sublime as they do disappear into the roof.

Leather is just more practical - Alcantara / Race-Tex are ok for roof lining, pillars etc but on a dash and wheel I'm not so sure. For now I've gone extended leather.

Rear Wheel Steering (incl Power Steering Plus) - must have. PTV+ is already standard. PDCC is the ultimate final choice but comes at a cost and one that you may never feel the benefit off - if budget permits and you get to compare any Taycan with / without - then it would be in the real nice to have category and probably at the expensive of other toys such as ACC / InnoDrive etc.
Great detailed response and thank you. My current 4s is nicely specced in Carrara white and the pan roof works great with it.
Volcano is a nice colour but I have two neighbours with volcano Taycans already.
Cabin is very dark as you said so interior choice is vital. Do you lose the GTS look/feel by dropping the alcantara??

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Great detailed response and thank you. My current 4s is nicely specced in Carrara white and the pan roof works great with it.
Volcano is a nice colour but I have two neighbours with volcano Taycans already.
Cabin is very dark as you said so interior choice is vital. Do you lose the GTS look/feel by dropping the alcantara??
Losing - I don't think so but for some perhaps but to do it properly you need to pay extra for the GTS interior which makes no sense. Race-tex city in a family saloon or estate - no thanks.

Leather is more practical and still deemed more luxurious by most.

This car is for you and not for others so spec what you like not for someone else. The impact on resale will be negligible as the supply will always be tight. GTS badging is what people want to see.
Sponsored