Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hi all,
Is there a way to enable the Passenger display (when driving) when you're in the car by yourself?
I'm in no way familiar with hacking software in cars so here's my request.

I think it's stupid when you pay for a display that doesn't even work, no matter what Porsche's excuse is.

I want it on.
All the time.
Period.

Many thx in advance! :)
Sponsored

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi all,
Is there a way to enable the Passenger display (when driving) when you're in the car by yourself?
I'm in no way familiar with hacking software in cars so here's my request.
With all the SW issues with PCM and 12V battery, I do not think it's wise to hack the SW and risk voiding the warranty.
Just my $0.02

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
With all the SW issues with PCM and 12V battery, I do not think it's wise to hack the SW and risk voiding the warranty.
Just my $0.02
My car works perfectly fine from day one but there are things I want to change.
I'm just curious if this can be done.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
just a little bit of weight on the passenger seat does the trick for me - my iPad Pro and my iPhone are sufficient to trigger the “weight” limit and boom the passenger side screen is on - but then I have to buckle the seat belt to get the warning to shut up!!

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
just a little bit of weight on the passenger seat does the trick for me - my iPad Pro and my iPhone are sufficient to trigger the “weight” limit and boom the passenger side screen is on - but then I have to buckle the seat belt to get the warning to shut up!!
Well, that doesn't work here.
And I'm not going to drive around with a 15+kg sandbag. :)

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
@Dee -- I do not have the secondary screen. But as we have discussed it is just weight. Won't that work? Oh wait @daveo4EV just replied with basically the same thing LOL --

I've transported heavy items in other cars passenger seat and just "buckled" the belt. What if you guys just left something heavy on that seat and left that belt buckled. Would that do trick? Carry around a heavy enough hand weight?

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
@Dee -- I do not have the secondary screen. But as we have discussed it is just weight. Won't that work? Oh wait @daveo4EV just replied with basically the same thing LOL --

I've transported heavy items in other cars passenger seat and just "buckled" the belt. What if you guys just left something heavy on that seat and left that belt buckled. Would that do trick? Carry around a heavy enough hand weight?
No.
Just no.
I paid for that display.
I want to have it on.

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oddly enough my passenger screen has worked without a passenger since day one, randomly it shows the Taycan splash screen but next time I start up it comes on again. I’m not changing any settings . ?

Reactions: Dee

da2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
it was very disappointing as i understand that the display only works with a passenger inside. i want it all time running aswell. doesnt matter if it shows just maps or my actual music. i want it showing any useless stuff instead of the logo! :CWL:

so technically this could maybe done by the odb port. i got in contact with some odb modders but they need a taycan for some days to debug that.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee