Can't get the passenger display screen to stay on when moving

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, iPace, Taycan(s) on order
Can't get the passenger screen to stay on when moving (with my 5 y/o sitting in the front passenger seat on a child seat). She was very excited to have it so she could reach the controls for the radio, etc.

Any ideas ?
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Can't get the passenger screen to stay on when moving (with my 5 y/o sitting in the front passenger seat on a child seat). She was very excited to have it so she could reach the controls for the radio, etc.

Any ideas ?
2 bags of sugar on the seat below the booster/child seat?

OP
OP

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bags of sugar on the seat below the booster/child seat?
Aha - you reckon it’s the (lack of) weight? Chair and child must be 25kg-30kg combined

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Aha - you reckon it’s the (lack of) weight? Chair and child must be 25kg-30kg combined
Could be. I’m not sure what min weight will trigger. So you could add some. It could that the child seat is preventing the sensor being pressed properly, because the sides of the seat hold it up a bit too much? So you could try to put something below the seat, as long as it is secularly fixed as intended.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Have you confirmed that the passenger display is activated in the PCM. I have had it turn off without command several times?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
My wife's purse in the passenger seat will keep the display on.

With a booster seat doesn't the car know a child seat to disabled he airbags?

OP
OP

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you confirmed that the passenger display is activated in the PCM. I have had it turn off without command several times?
yes, it's on. works when stationary

OP
OP

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My wife's purse in the passenger seat will keep the display on.

With a booster seat doesn't the car know a child seat to disabled he airbags?
Very interesting, I assume her handbag is <30kg!

In Europe, the rules are different and the airbag can be left on in modern cars on for front facing booster seats - tests show it's safer

OP
OP

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could be. I’m not sure what min weight will trigger. So you could add some. It could that the child seat is preventing the sensor being pressed properly, because the sides of the seat hold it up a bit too much? So you could try to put something below the seat, as long as it is secularly fixed as intended.
Will test this theory tomorrow - seems sensible - probably the child seat not resting on the middle of the car seat at all. Thanks!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
In Europe, the rules are different and the airbag can be left on in modern cars on for front facing booster seats - tests show it's safer
Does it inflate differently than with an adult based on OCS though?

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag

Any ideas ?
Don’t hold me to it but I think I read something on one of these threads that someone had a hack to keep the display on when it was unoccupied. If it wasn’t on this Forum it may have been a YouTube video. I’ll see if I can find it and if so I’ll update you. Good luck in the meantime!

OP
OP

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very interesting, I assume her handbag is <30kg!

In Europe, the rules on this are different and the front airbag can be left on in modern cars on for front facing booster seats
Does it inflate differently than with an adult based on OCS though?
Don't think so. Looking at the manual, it seems to suggest that if you are putting a child seat in the front and leaving the airbag on, it should be forward facing child seat for older children and the car seat pushed back as far as possible

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have you tested with someone other than your daughter to rule out the weight question?

OP
OP

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you tested with someone other than your daughter to rule out the weight question?
Not yet, only just got the car and wanted to use it on the way to school drop off this morning - having told her for the last few months she was getting her own screen :)

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Not to get on a soapbox but isn't 5 years old way too young for the front seat? I'm surprised no one said this yet. None of my business but, I mean, we are talking about the welfare of a child. I don't know what UK laws say about it it's usually 13 here in the US.
Sponsored