Passenger screen retrofit

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
I beleive I saw another thread about this, but they never amounted to any answers.
i'm interested in adding the passenger screen to my car.

I see kufatec offers it, but I'm hoping for a more cost friendly diy option. My first hurdle is that I can't even find the oem part or part number for the screen. Does anyone have any guidance with this?

And the next question, has anyone taken the dash apart to know if these cars are pre-wired for this? I'm hoping it's a plug and play, with activation/coding, kind of scenario.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I beleive I saw another thread about this, but they never amounted to any answers.
i'm interested in adding the passenger screen to my car.

I see kufatec offers it, but I'm hoping for a more cost friendly diy option. My first hurdle is that I can't even find the oem part or part number for the screen. Does anyone have any guidance with this?

And the next question, has anyone taken the dash apart to know if these cars are pre-wired for this? I'm hoping it's a plug and play, with activation/coding, kind of scenario.
You might try an outfit like Suncoast Porsche for the OEM pt. no.s - assuming you have it, you will likely need your VIN to retrieve.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I remember another thread about it too.
Can't remember what the outcome was, but seem to recall it came as a single part (double screen) rather than just the extra screen.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
kufatec is the DIY option. It's pricey because the parts from Porsche are pricey. The main screen and passenger screen are actually one assembly. So adding the passenger screen after the fact is just cost probative. As a build option it's expensive for what it can do.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think it Will be very expensive the passager screen and the main screen are one unit..

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I remember another thread about it too.
Can't remember what the outcome was, but seem to recall it came as a single part (double screen) rather than just the extra screen.
Seem to recall too that a it was mad expensive i.e. lot more than when adding during build (I know fairly typical).

OP
OP

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
Appreciate all the fast replies.

I'll give Suncoast a call. But I'm saddened to hear the concensus is that it's integrated with the main display.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wish I could give you my display lol. It's only been used twice in the last 5 months I've had the car, and both times were just to show my parents lol.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
I still like the passenger display as mostly I am that passenger. Plus without it, it’s just a wide blank piece of plastic - Porsche could have figured out a better trim for those who didn’t want the passenger display.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I wish I could give you my display lol. It's only been used twice in the last 5 months I've had the car, and both times were just to show my parents lol.
I find my passenger display utterly useless. If you’ve used yours twice, that’s a lot. I think I may have used it once if any.

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Appreciate all the fast replies.

I'll give Suncoast a call. But I'm saddened to hear the concensus is that it's integrated with the main display.
Did you get any info from Suncoast?
Looks to me like it’s three main parts. The double screen, the cable set and the dongle ( perhaps Kuftech will sell this dongle) or I guess you got to go to a Porsche dealer to get them to program it to come on.

OP
OP

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
No info yet. I lost momentum when I realized how cost prohibitive it is.
I'll try to give Suncoast a call sometime this week though to confirm part numbers.

I also still have uncertainty of how it connects. If additional wiring harness is involved, this mod is going to be a hard pass.

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
You could add MMB box (CarPlay without limits), its on android and has a hdmi output.
The only thing we need is a proper solution for the seat mounts.

Or like many doing on a Tesla: Just use a suction mount on the glass roof for an iPad.
Sponsored