Happy with instrument binnacle items and options?

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Happy with instrument binnacle items and options? Binnacle
The quality/clarity and general design I find to be excellent. But I am not totally happy with what is displayed there. A bit more flexibility and a few new options would be very useful I think. What are your thoughts on this?

For example, what about
  • merging the choice lists for the left and right “tube” (allowing all choices on both sides)? That way I can have the two most useful ones (to me), Trip and Information, open simultaneously, one to the left and the other to the right.
  • merging the item choice lists for Trip and Information? Then I could pick what is most interesting to me in one tube.
  • increasing the number of lines in Information (and in Trip for that matter) to five or even six? There is space enough for it to my eyes.
  • adding an Information item option for energy (kW) used for cabin cooling/heating? When the outside temperature is comfortable enough, it makes it much easier to adjust the cabin temperature for minimum use of electricity. An option for battery heating energy could be nice too.
  • showing predicted range as xxx km @ xx.x kWh/100 km (or xxx km @ xxx Wh/km, see below). That would allow us to consider how fair the prediction is.
  • adding a couple of options to the Powermeter in the center tube, e.g. show current consumption/regen in kW and/or kWh/100 km as number displays in addition to the graphical display. The Powermeter is a bit sparse in information density now, it can do more in my view.
  • allowing the choice of Wh/km as the unit for consumption/regen? Maybe it is unusual (although Tesla has it), but it takes a lot less space.
  • allowing the nightvision display to be chosen for the left and/or right tube in addition to the center one, to not lose the Powermeter?

Other good ideas?
Sponsored

Ipercool

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS ST - 22 BMW i3S - 18 MINI Countryman
Country flag
Binnacle.jpg
The quality/clarity and general design I find to be excellent. But I am not totally happy with what is displayed there. A bit more flexibility and a few new options would be very useful I think. What are your thoughts on this?

For example, what about
  • merging the choice lists for the left and right “tube” (allowing all choices on both sides)? That way I can have the two most useful ones (to me), Trip and Information, open simultaneously, one to the left and the other to the right.
  • merging the item choice lists for Trip and Information? Then I could pick what is most interesting to me in one tube.
  • increasing the number of lines in Information (and in Trip for that matter) to five or even six? There is space enough for it to my eyes.
  • adding an Information item option for energy (kW) used for cabin cooling/heating? When the outside temperature is comfortable enough, it makes it much easier to adjust the cabin temperature for minimum use of electricity. An option for battery heating energy could be nice too.
  • showing predicted range as xxx km @ xx.x kWh/100 km (or xxx km @ xxx Wh/km, see below). That would allow us to consider how fair the prediction is.
  • adding a couple of options to the Powermeter in the center tube, e.g. show current consumption/regen in kW and/or kWh/100 km as number displays in addition to the graphical display. The Powermeter is a bit sparse in information density now, it can do more in my view.
  • allowing the choice of Wh/km as the unit for consumption/regen? Maybe it is unusual (although Tesla has it), but it takes a lot less space.
  • allowing the nightvision display to be chosen for the left and/or right tube in addition to the center one, to not lose the Powermeter?

Other good ideas?
Yes i agree.

However, I also think that they should first of all push on the possibility of on the air updates, this would give the system the necessary flexibility to make this kind of improvements/modifications truly sustainable for both the manufacturer and the user.

Reactions: or1