Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thisbluehome.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
The heater in my Taycan quit working in December. It was replaced about 30 days later when the part was made available. It was parked at the dealer during the wait.

Since then my heat has been working very well. However, I have noticed a significant reduction in my driving range. It has gone from 256mi (after the latest software update) to around 216 miles of range on a full charge.

I don’t charge to 100% often but I do take an occasional road-trip where the extra range is necessary.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a solution/fix?
Sponsored

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Too little info to be able to draw conclusions. Have your driving habits changed? Did the dealership drive it? Battery temp?

OP
OP
christopher_b

christopher_b

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thisbluehome.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Outside of the car sitting for about a month and it being driven slightly less often, I can’t say that my driving habits have changed much.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Outside of the car sitting for about a month and it being driven slightly less often, I can’t say that my driving habits have changed much.
To confirm, are you referring to driving range on the guess-o-meter or your actual driving range experience?

Reading many forum posts and watching way too many YouTube videos, I've understood that while a typical short-mile commuter Taycan may show limited range on the guess-o-meter (~215mi), it will respond well to actual driving range when taken on a highway roadtrip (~250-270mi). The kWh / 100mi varies in those scenarios.

I only ask because I'll also be in the same scenario of mostly commuting, occasional roadtrips. And while I'm waiting for my car to arrive, I'm mentally preparing to generally ignore the guess-o-meter when setting off on a roadtrip. :)

OP
OP
christopher_b

christopher_b

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thisbluehome.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m glad you asked. The guess-o-meter is far more inaccurate since getting the car back. So much so that often the app and the car display different range values for the same trip.

I’m not Sure I’m getting less actual range as I have only taken it about 180mi stretches before stopping to charge. I’m typically beating the range estimate by 2-3% according to what it displays.

I’ve been driving it a bit more this last week or so to see if the range estimates improve with driving.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m glad you asked. The guess-o-meter is far more inaccurate since getting the car back. So much so that often the app and the car display different range values for the same trip.
I've definitely read several posts in this forum of the guess-o-meter displaying a reduced range after service. It's not clear to me all the factors involved... but hope your guess-o-meter starts to reflect the likely reality of similar actual range the more you drive.
Sponsored