Help me decide.

What would you do?

• Purchase new Taycan

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Sell Taycan before warranty ends and get rental until 2025 when more options are available

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Extended warranty for current Taycan

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag
It was the standard price offered by Porsche at £1,110. Just took out one year. Cheaper if you go for 3 year option. It's costly but you get some peace of mind !!
Much appreciated! I had my heater and fast charging port both replaced last year and she is currently back in AGAIN for another faulty heater - looking forward to the Hyundai ioniq or similar I get given for the next few weeks …
Sponsored

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I know this is a first world problem, but having trouble deciding what I should do next.

2020 Taycan 4S will be out of warranty in May - July (both mileage and years) and don't want to risk it with an extended warranty, but still left as an option in the poll. Intrigued by some of the upcoming EVs (EQG, ERR, Electre) that may be available this year, but highly unlikely any would be available to purchase by July.

I would prefer a car/coupe and still think the Taycan is the best option that will be available for several years, but have also never purchased the same car twice.

Any advise or help is appreciated.
I know you didnt put it in ypur pole, but maybe a low milage CPO ? I just think the new ones are so way overpriced, and the depreciation is absolutely terrifying...seems to be 30% out the door. Alternatively, dont forget the battery is covered for 8/100, and that seems to be the only think that has been going wrong with cars, so maybe you dont need the extended warranty and just wait it out?

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
Do you need to take it in for check before they'll give the extension or do they just grant it as long as you're still in existing warranty?

Side question, did they contact you and offer it (email or whatever) or did you have ask for it? I ask as Land Rover didn't and i only realised when i was out of warranty!
My car was in shortly before the 3 year warranty expired so they knew the car well. Not aware of any checks before extending. Porsche do email extension options but you may need to provide evidence of ownership etc before they grant it. I would talk with them before 3 year deadline.

OP
OP

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The unveiled Macan looks better than I expected. Almost sold. Either way, thanks everyone for their advice.
Sponsored