pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E Class Coupe, Taycan due Oct
Country flag
I did, change wheels too, I went with the 20” Taycan Tubo Aero wheels. You can keep the missionE and have them painted black (for a healthy fee) but I decided against it (because of that healthy fee!!!)
Right choice. If I go black think I'll go with the same 20" wheels and save £3k!
Sponsored

OP
OP
pdl130l

pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Im having similar issues trying to decide on spec. Think white looks great in all the pics but don’t really want a white car! Black doesn’t excite me. I’m at silver currently but again just feels a safer option but doesn’t excite me! I’ve come to the conclusion mission wheels ( and brakes) are a must. I’ve decided sport design pack doesn’t change the looks enough to justify cost.
I feel your pain! My order with spec went in yesterday. Heart set on white till I got home! Don't mind black but they are a pain in the backside to keep clean! I need to make a decision soon before it's too late.

OP
OP
pdl130l

pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the storm trooper look but it is going to be VERY common. According to my salesman over 60% of all the cars they have on order in that branch are with the white look with the Mission-e Wheels.

A quick look on Instagram and youtube show mostly the same spec too.

I am very happy with my choice of black and the different 21" exclusive wheel option with Jet black metallic blades to match the car. Won't be seeing many with the same look :)

I also don't believe the sports design pack adds much to the look of the car - the only thing that makes a difference and that too on light coloured cars are the sports design side skirts.
Your car looks great in black...found your post with the pics yesterday! Whatever colour I choose, I think the sportdesign pack needs to be removed.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Your car looks great in black...found your post with the pics yesterday! Whatever colour I choose, I think the sportdesign pack needs to be removed.
I like to sports design, think it makes it more aggressive looking. But still understated/business like,...

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
I like to sports design, think it makes it more aggressive looking. But still understated/business like,...
I agree, the sports design pack makes the car much more aggressive looking and irrespective of body colour I would always order it.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree, the sports design pack makes the car much more aggressive looking and irrespective of body colour I would always order it.
I had it on the 911, profile pic and people always commented saying it looked different etc.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I like the storm trooper look but it is going to be VERY common. According to my salesman over 60% of all the cars they have on order in that branch are with the white look with the Mission-e Wheels.
It will be more common, but coming off owning a black 911 that was impossible to keep clean, I’m looking forward to it. I‘ve always had black or silver cars, but after the GT3, the Taycan is the best looking car in white I’ve ever seen.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag

A quick look on Instagram and youtube show mostly the same spec too.

I am very happy with my choice of black and the different 21" exclusive wheel option with Jet black metallic blades to match the car. Won't be seeing many with the same look :)

I also don't believe the sports design pack adds much to the look of the car - the only thing that makes a difference and that too on light coloured cars are the sports design side skirts.
Agree, think white will be default and fairly common. Def think your wheels are the best looking, but I like a big calliper and mission e wheels and big callipers are still cheaper than your wheels In isolation.

I’m thinking silver with mission e‘s and white callipers, although may have to change callipers colour to lime green or similar once a few miles have been added!

Side skirts q.....would you updrade if silver Coach work? £670 ish from memory?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I’d agree in principle, and normally always default to the upgraded styling. Looking at the Taycan though I’d really question if the upgraded styling is worth the cost. I will admit my position is slightly different as I’m viewing from a company car Perspective so may have my sensible head on! Clearly the sport design looks better, but for me to pay 3.5k-4K cash to add the option prior to ordering it doesn’t stack up for me.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’d agree in principle, and normally always default to the upgraded styling. Looking at the Taycan though I’d really question if the upgraded styling is worth the cost. I will admit my position is slightly different as I’m viewing from a company car Perspective so may have my sensible head on! Clearly the sport design looks better, but for me to pay 3.5k-4K cash to add the option prior to ordering it doesn’t stack up for me.
I saw the differences in person today. It’s a big difference between the two. Especially from the front.

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
I have to admit that I thought the same when I originally looked at the configurator back in September last year or whenever it was. I had the same thoughts on the configurator with the 911 992 model sports design package as well but after seeing the 992 in the flesh I decided it was worth the money and I trusted that Porsche designers would also get it right on the Taycan. Having since seen them with and without on the Taycan I think they did pull it off again with the sports design package. It is expensive and if looks are not as important as say tech options then I can completely understand people choosing to put their money on options other than the sports design package but for me I really appreciate design aspects and also driving dynamics so that's primarily what my options were focused on.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I had it on the 911, profile pic and people always commented saying it looked different etc.
The sports design kit on the 992 is way different to the Taycan. Have you seen the Taycan with a Sports Design Kit? Two white ones were parked side by side when I went to pick up my car and it was hard to tell the difference apart from a few subtle more "white bits". Certainly not worth the money on the Taycan.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
It will be more common, but coming off owning a black 911 that was impossible to keep clean, I’m looking forward to it. I‘ve always had black or silver cars, but after the GT3, the Taycan is the best looking car in white I’ve ever seen.
Paint Protection Spray/Film with a ceramic coat on a black car sorts that pretty easily.

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
The sports design kit on the 992 is way different to the Taycan. Have you seen the Taycan with a Sports Design Kit? Two white ones were parked side by side when I went to pick up my car and it was hard to tell the difference apart from a few subtle more "white bits". Certainly not worth the money on the Taycan.
It's possible to argue that lots of things with Porsche are not worth the money but it's good that we all have different opinions on aesthetics and what's important or else we would all be driving around in identical cars which would be so boring!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
It's possible to argue that lots of things with Porsche are not worth the money but it's good that we all have different opinions on aesthetics and what's important or else we would all be driving around in identical cars which would be so boring!
Indeed - can't wait to see a frozen berry :D
Sponsored