Question on optionals (a vs b)...and build spec opinions :)

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
So....If I could I would tick all boxes, but in reality have to choose between a few things...What are your thoughts on the below:

- Rear wheel steering or Sport Chrono + Heated steering + electric charging cover?
- Worth paying for the 21" turismo design wheels (love it in grey, really like it standard but can't justify another 800-900 pounds for the upgrade) or should I go for 20" Taycan Turbo design with 18 way adjustable seats?
- I think black door handles woud look good on this build, but very "marmite" option so left out....thoughts?
- Think race-tex steering wheel would be great, but very afraid of using after hand sanitiser/greasy food...thoughts?
- I usually like light interiors, but have a 1 year old. Should I go Slate grey or keep black? Black looks more elegant, but like the usual airy look...
- Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black is a free option didn't come across until seeing one here in the forum. No brainer??

I hate roof rails, think it makes the car look like a purse, but see a few with it, any benefits for someone who will never use it?

My spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVF5ZF5

I kept the sound out of the list, will I regret it???? Mixed reviews on it (yes for youtuber videos, no for a lot of "us" users?)

I guess that's all :)

I am going from a Taycan 4s (showroom car) to a factory order CT 4s, so trying to enjoy the freedom of choice - although on a "limited" budget.

Thanks all
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
So....If I could I would tick all boxes, but in reality have to choose between a few things...What are your thoughts on the below:

- Rear wheel steering or Sport Chrono + Heated steering + electric charging cover?
- Worth paying for the 21" turismo design wheels (love it in grey, really like it standard but can't justify another 800-900 pounds for the upgrade) or should I go for 20" Taycan Turbo design with 18 way adjustable seats?
- I think black door handles woud look good on this build, but very "marmite" option so left out....thoughts?

- Think race-tex steering wheel would be great, but very afraid of using after hand sanitiser/greasy food...thoughts?
- I usually like light interiors, but have a 1 year old. Should I go Slate grey or keep black? Black looks more elegant, but like the usual airy look...
- Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black is a free option didn't come across until seeing one here in the forum. No brainer??

I hate roof rails, think it makes the car look like a purse, but see a few with it, any benefits for someone who will never use it?

I kept the sound out of the list, will I regret it???? Mixed reviews on it (yes for youtuber videos, no for a lot of "us" users?)

I am going from a Taycan 4s (showroom car) to a factory order CT 4s, so trying to enjoy the freedom of choice - although on a "limited" budget.

Thanks all
Hmm…my $.02…

I love the real wheel steering, it really does make a huge difference in parking and turning radius. For handling, I don’t think it’s needed, but if you’re in an urban environment it will come in very handy..
That hard be aide I also enjoy the Sports Chrono a lot… having Sports plus and a dial to change modes is great. Electric charge port cover is a parlor trick and can be skipped, if needed. Only functional reason for it is if you forget to close the cover it will automagically do so…
Heated steering can be skipped IMO…but don’t know how cold it gets where you live. FWIW, it doesn’t get very hot at all, more like lukewarm…

Rims are very subjective, but I can say I have the 18 way seats and absolutely love them! Most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in in a car! I would at a minimum recommend the 14 way. I’ve heard from many that the 8 way are not the most comfortable… I’m 6”1’ and the 18 way seats make my driving experience WAY better…the side and leg bolsters alone are worth the price of admission if you like to drive “spiritedly” ;)

I agree on leaving off the black door handles, although they would look fine. I made the same call on my Ice Grey and black bits motif…I’m glad I did…plenty of other black bits for the effect (I speccd the carbon fiber side mirrors to help with that)..

I live my racetex wheel! Feels great under hand and pulls in the texture from my racetex headliner. I make sure to not have super grubby hands whenever possible while driving, so that hasn’t been an issue for me.

I have the chalk/black interior (US spec) and think it’s terrific and brightens the cabin a lot and looks super classy (also have neodyme and it works perfectly with it). I don’t have kids but have dogs.
The leather cleans up easily and I haven’t had any problems with stains. Just keep it treated and wipe up marks asap and you should be fine!

The black aluminum door sill guards look great and they’re free! I say no-brainer!

I don’t have a CT so can’t comment on real world use of roof rails. On this car though I would never personally spec them. Totally removed the sporty nature of the car and makes it also look far less elegant imho.

The sound is a novelty and don’t think you’ll miss it. It’s useful for letting pedestrians know you’re coming in the parking lot, but other than that, I don’t use it much. Probably skip if you’re in “cut mode”.

Whatever you do, looks like it’s gonna be SWEET!! Enjoy!!

JamesP

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag

Thanks all
I test drove with standard 8 way seats and I have to say that I found it quite uncomfortable. I then went and tried out with the 18 way and found it much better. The options are complex but at least Porsche provide you with individual options as opposed to bundles with stuff you don’t want!
Looks great - now wondering about silver!

OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
Thanks - I am now debating whether to upgrade to 18"s seats. I always liked lighter interiors, but not sure I wanted to go Black/Chalk Beige (Does it look good in person? I love Black/Crayon but can't justify the price jump)...or even Slate to break the black a bit? Thoughts? I know it is personal, had the Chalk Beige on a Macan and it was ok, not sure if it felt a bit older (had the suede middle so not that practical).
As always, decisions decisions....

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have 18 way and black/chalk. Would definitely recommend both. The black/beige is a lot lighter as the door panels are also beige (whereas these are black with the black/chalk), so I think a little less practical and will tend to show scuff marks.
I have HSW but not much use for this in Sydney! I had the dealer fit illuminated black aluminium treadplates - huge difference and looks much better then standard.
Mine did not have RWS and I have to park in a lot of tight spots, so would have liked. So far has not been an issue, however, and I find if anything Taycan easier to park and manoeuvre than my previous Panamera and any loan Cayenne (but not as easy as a 911/Boxter/Macan).
Sponsored