First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E Class Coupe, Taycan due Oct
Country flag
Hi all,
Placed a deposit on a Taycan in Feb 2020. Just returned from the dealership and placed my order in for October collection. The order I've placed is white with the mission e tribute wheels. I love the car in white but unsure if it's the right colour choice. Thinking black and lose the wheels!?! Also, added the SportDesign Package on...is this worth the extra £3k?
Really stuck and need to sort it asap!
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is such a personal choice that it's hard to give you an answer. White w/ Mission E wheels is extremely popular and Black w/o Mission E wheels is also very popular. Very different looks, IMO, the former is more of a techy, EV focused look, the latter is more of a traditional sports car look.

Both are great and popular choices, so you aren't going wrong either way.

OP
OP
pdl130l

pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is such a personal choice that it's hard to give you an answer. White w/ Mission E wheels is extremely popular and Black w/o Mission E wheels is also very popular. Very different looks, IMO, the former is more of a techy, EV focused look, the latter is more of a traditional sports car look.

Both are great and popular choices, so you aren't going wrong either way.
Thanks Frank...it's a real hard choice! Thought I had made up my mind at the dealership only to drive home and think black might be better!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thanks Frank...it's a real hard choice! Thought I had made up my mind at the dealership only to drive home and think black might be better!
As has been said it is very personal. I have chosen a white with missionE wheels and love it. It just now has had PPF applied and looks great in my view. But personal taste

Porsche Taycan Help...opinion on colours/ spec! CCE1CE33-6D16-40AF-A327-565DD2FD5AEA

OP
OP
pdl130l

pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As has been said it is very personal. I have chosen a white with missionE wheels and love it. It just now has had PPF applied and looks great in my view. But personal taste

CCE1CE33-6D16-40AF-A327-565DD2FD5AEA.jpeg
Looks great! Was the front skirt painted after or factory?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
That looks terrific! I almost think the painted front spoiler looks better than the carbon fiber black on the white car.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag

CCE1CE33-6D16-40AF-A327-565DD2FD5AEA.jpeg
Truly gorgeous. I do really enjoy the stormtrooper look and I built that spec initially but saw the black in person and switched as I have a preference for a little more subtlety. Black and grey are more subtle for sure. The dark blue looks more executive. Mamba green is fun and very much extroverted. It all depends on what feels good to you, what fits your personality and what you’re comfortable projecting. It’s a gorgeous car, any color is going to be stunning.

OP
OP
pdl130l

pdl130l

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Truly gorgeous. I do really enjoy the stormtrooper look and I built that spec initially but saw the black in person and switched as I have a preference for a little more subtlety. Black and grey are more subtle for sure. The dark blue looks more executive. Mamba green is fun and very much extroverted. It all depends on what feels good to you, what fits your personality and what you’re comfortable projecting. It’s a gorgeous car, any color is going to be stunning.
It's tough! My last 2 cars have been mercs, both in white with night edition so very similar colours to the one I've ordered. Have only seen two Taycans...one in green the other in white. Took the green one out for a few hours and it had some strange looks. I liked the colour, wife did not! Due to blending in a little more, I'm swaying towards black. Did you remove the missionE wheels etc once going away from white?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Looks great! Was the front skirt painted after or factory?
It is all factory! No extra paint work.

The guys that are doing the protection hve a great humour as well. They sent me a few pictures and one of them was this one?:eek:

Porsche Taycan Help...opinion on colours/ spec! CFBB3104-4F9F-49D3-ABD6-B57ECADCE609

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Did you remove the missionE wheels etc once going away from white?
I did, change wheels too, I went with the 20” Taycan Tubo Aero wheels. You can keep the missionE and have them painted black (for a healthy fee) but I decided against it (because of that healthy fee!!!)

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Im having similar issues trying to decide on spec. Think white looks great in all the pics but don’t really want a white car! Black doesn’t excite me. I’m at silver currently but again just feels a safer option but doesn’t excite me! I’ve come to the conclusion mission wheels ( and brakes) are a must. I’ve decided sport design pack doesn’t change the looks enough to justify cost.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I like the storm trooper look but it is going to be VERY common. According to my salesman over 60% of all the cars they have on order in that branch are with the white look with the Mission-e Wheels.

A quick look on Instagram and youtube show mostly the same spec too.

I am very happy with my choice of black and the different 21" exclusive wheel option with Jet black metallic blades to match the car. Won't be seeing many with the same look :)

I also don't believe the sports design pack adds much to the look of the car - the only thing that makes a difference and that too on light coloured cars are the sports design side skirts.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
I like the storm trooper look but it is going to be VERY common. According to my salesman over 60% of all the cars they have on order in that branch are with the white look with the Mission-e Wheels.

A quick look on Instagram and youtube show mostly the same spec too.

I am very happy with my choice of black and the different 21" exclusive wheel option with Jet black metallic blades to match the car. Won't be seeing many with the same look :)

I also don't believe the sports design pack adds much to the look of the car - the only thing that makes a difference and that too on light coloured cars are the sports design side skirts.
Mine will be Silver with the same wheels. I just think these wheels are better than the mission E (just my opinion)
Sponsored