help please - advice on bumper damage

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I would please ask for your expert opinion. Much to my annoyance, I have just found that someone has hit the plastic fascia in the bumper of my Taycan in a parking and drove away (...).
Damage seems small, plastic is bent inwards (it will be fixed by insurance at no cost to me). Does the plastic fascia need to be replaced entirely or should it be fixed otherwise?

thanks!

Porsche Taycan help please - advice on bumper damage 65998423414__4AEF32EF-AF6D-4170-B2D8-8D7A1CB92E63 2
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Good news is the rear bumper design of these cars has plastic there allowing for minor damage and not screwing up factory paint.

Depending on your deductible amount I may not make a claim if the replacement plastic is not that much $.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
they might be able to fix that through heat. But its not a paintable part so they may just decide to replace it. Thats a quick job - should be in/out the same day!

Factor about 3 to 4 hrs of work and replacement part should be in the 800 Euro realm.

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
thanks. I just did a claim - I have no deductible on damages from parking (caused by other cars, limit of once or twice a year I think).

Good news is the rear bumper design of these cars has plastic there allowing for minor damage and not screwing up factory paint.

Depending on your deductible amount I may not make a claim if the replacement plastic is not that much $.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'm dealing with a rear end collision with similar damage.

The initial estimate from the Porsche Certified shop is $2151 - it involves removing the entire bumper fascia, replacing the plastic and reassembling.

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
thanks for sharing (I think I saw your other post) and sorry to hear. It seems a bit high, but you might be right, the fascia alone must be 1k usd or more (luckily, it comes with no deductible or premium increase for me). Here the hourly rates are quite high...

could you please post a picture ? I saw others you uploaded but they don't show the plastic fascia

I'm dealing with a rear end collision with similar damage.

The initial estimate from the Porsche Certified shop is $2151 - it involves removing the entire bumper fascia, replacing the plastic and reassembling.

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
thanks. great color scheme.
plate housing is very different from Europe (I prefer this side of pond :) , but much nicer vanity plate. With the exception of UK, here you can do very little. In CH people pay up to 100k USD or more to buy "rarer" plates with "low" numbers.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
@PorscheCH the one good thing is that plastic seems to have saved both of us from unsightly paint damage. (I'm certain my clear coat scratch will buff out)

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
That rear hard plastic "bumper" is actually very strong and saved me from paint damage last year. The plastic bumper assembly was less than $500 and in stock in Atlanta. The total repair was less than $1,200 at the dealer. Looks like parts prices have increased significantly.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Here you can see how the parts are built up, and what can be ordered separately (this is for my Turbo S):

Porsche Taycan help please - advice on bumper damage 1638312523050

Porsche Taycan help please - advice on bumper damage 1638312555265

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Anyone who has a rear bumper coming off - it's a great time to install painted reflectors :cool:
Porsche Taycan help please - advice on bumper damage IMG_3269
Sponsored