Help! White or Carrera White Met

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
LFCDan,

I had the same decision as yourself but decided to go for the metallic rather than flat white.

I thought the flat white looked like transit van white in the end and wanted something that would look less "standard" base colour.

Almost all dealerships have some flat and metallic whites in stock of other vehicles to compare up close.

Both are really nice though and the Taycan is definitely not standard

This is a picture I took at Frankfurt motors show in the Carrera White Metallic.

Porsche Taycan Help! White or Carrera White Met 6D80671E-7FA7-4429-9B50-0ABA71BD80D3
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
LFCDan,

I had the same decision as yourself but decided to go for the metallic rather than flat white.

I thought the flat white looked like transit van white in the end and wanted something that would look less "standard" base colour.

Almost all dealerships have some flat and metallic whites in stock of other vehicles to compare up close.

Both are really nice though and the Taycan is definitely not standard

This is a picture I took at Frankfurt motors show in the Carrera White Metallic.

6D80671E-7FA7-4429-9B50-0ABA71BD80D3.jpeg
almost certain to change to the Metallic white as seems to look a little crisper and contrasts well against the black

I’m starting to think it’s a good thing that there isn’t a massive range of colours as if they have the same choice as a 911 I would have changed my mind about 10 times by now

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
I’ve spoken to a few Porsche guys who have been lucky enough to drive the pre production models and have all said it feels small and dark without pano roof

I was going to have it anyway, but they also helped me decide on other equipment and even talked me out of adding some stuff as was told it was a waste of money
It’s too bad the hard tops won’t be around sooner to compare. I had a Cayman and one thing I loved about it was the cockpit feeling. It wasn’t dark at all.

Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag
It’s too bad the hard tops won’t be around sooner to compare. I had a Cayman and one thing I loved about it was the cockpit feeling. It wasn’t dark at all.
l’m going hard top as like to feel cacooned
in my sports cars, and this definitely on the sporting side. Our Range Rover has the glass roof but I tend to keep the blind closed all the time.

I’m also thinking flat white, enhanced by some after market Porsche graphics, which I wish they would offer, in red or black.

alternative is solid black for a stealthy look.

Saving money on paint to spend on sports chrono and Bose on the 4s

stretched the budget to get a Taycan over a Tesla, so a bit limited on toys, but I tend not to use all the toys in other cars anyway , a decent audio and driving feel my priorities

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Can’t wait for the phone call to say we have your build slot confirmed so get into the dealership and lock in the spec

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
Hi Guys
I know there is a few threads about colours but need some advice on mine so sorry for posting another.

I’m thinking of White or Carrera White metallic

any advise or comments would be great without seeing the car in both colours it’s hard to decide
Dan
Consider Crayon as more interesting but still a light colour and complimentary with the dirt!