Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
As the same with a lot of people I am waiting on a 4S delivery.

Build slot hopefully April.

Lockdown/ Internet this is the most researched discussed car I will probably ever own and I am very excited.

Long story short you start questioning your build.

I’ve gone from loving the white car to now thinking it’s too white (I know).

So toying with going Ice Grey instead, however as I am committed to mission E’s I have the Porsche PSCB brake and I’m not feeling the white would go with an off-white car so would have to upgrade to gloss black.

This adds probably about £1500 to my build.

I showed my Wife who unhelpfully said your choice but not that much difference in those colours.

So question do people think it’s worth it, or am I just messing about with my build too much as I have very little else to do?
Sponsored

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I have Carrara White and I know what you mean about “too” white - if I had to do it again I’d probably pick Ice Grey.
FWIW I don’t think you’d really notice the mismatch between the calipers and the body, though it might be worth posting in the Ice Grey Colour Thread to ask if an owner there has this combination. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ice-grey-taycan-club.2823/
Or you could argue that if you’re already spending £1500 on Ice Grey just round it up to £2K with the black calipers.

Personally I wouldn’t bother based on seeing an Ice Grey car at the dealer (but at a distance).
Crayon I think would be a different matter.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I wish Porsche allowed any color choice on the calipers. I have an Ice Grey / Red-Black combo on order. The calipers will be white. With the 20” Aeros I thought you would never see the calipers if they were black. I would have preferred to make them red to match the inside of the car and provide some contrast to the Ice Grey. So I’m in your boat hoping the white calipers don’t look weird with Ice Grey. If I was using the e-mission wheels or anything else that exposes the caliper more I’d probably go black.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
It sounds like you're not even sure you would like it better, might change your mind later. So I would just save the money.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
As the same with a lot of people I am waiting on a 4S delivery.

Build slot hopefully April.

Lockdown/ Internet this is the most researched discussed car I will probably ever own and I am very excited.

Long story short you start questioning your build.

I’ve gone from loving the white car to now thinking it’s too white (I know).

So toying with going Ice Grey instead, however as I am committed to mission E’s I have the Porsche PSCB brake and I’m not feeling the white would go with an off-white car so would have to upgrade to gloss black.

This adds probably about £1500 to my build.

I showed my Wife who unhelpfully said your choice but not that much difference in those colours.

So question do people think it’s worth it, or am I just messing about with my build too much as I have very little else to do?
It’s all so personal. I chose black calipers with Ice Grey because I’m very detail oriented and any white-scale mismatch between the calipers and body color would get me every time I looked at the car (given the exposure of the mammoth calipers with Mission E spec)…and already spending so much…. Just my scenario .. ☺
Sponsored