Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag
Hello all,

I am located in the UK (SE).

Its new car time, and with the BIK changes in the UK the obvious choice is a Tycan. I work in the EV sector, so am committed to a new EV. I test drove the EQC, Model S, Model 3, e-tron, i-Pace and the Tycan (Saloon), and the Tycan is the best for me (range, performance).

I had almost ordered the Tycan 4 back in Jan, but now think I will go for the CT4. I like the bigger car, more room, and seems to be more value for the money.

It will be my daily driver (daily commute 25 miles each way on dual carriageway), probably to a longer trips every other week.

Below is how I have configured the car, very interested in thoughts and guidance from those who know and have experience. Everyone has a different view on 'value', but I find with cars some options are must haves, and some are gimmicks. I am moving from an S-Line A4, speed is not that important to me.

I do about 15k miles a year now, used to do a lot more. Family trips are in my wife's car (which has the 3 child seats in it).

- Volcano Grey
- Standard Black partial leather (is grey better)?
- Park assist with camera
- Innodrive with ACC (might downgrade to ACC, I spend a lot of time in traffic and wish I had it in my Audi)
- Bose Sound system
- Electric Sound (seemed good on the test drive car)
- Door sill guards in black (free)
- Porsche logo in glass look integrated into rear light strip (not sure what this is)
- Thermally insulated glass
- Standard 2 zone CC
- Standard 8 way seats
- Ambient Lighting
- Black Accent Package
- Driver memory pack (takes me ages getting comfortable after my wife drives my car)
- Taycan Turbo S Alloy wheels
- Pano roof (I read a lot about issues with the sun, is this an issue in the UK?)

I plan to install my own home 32A charger (probably a myenergi Zappi or Anderson A2), any recommendations on this?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Very nice spec (I have a Volcano Grey 4S, it's a great color). The black standard interior is the one to go for.

The 20in Turbo Aeros are nice wheels, I have them for winter and some 21in Exclusives for summer but would probably be OK with the 20s tbh.The surround view cameras are a good idea in the UK / Europe where parking is trickier. Rear axle steering shortens the turning circle by a metre as well, and apparently improves handling though I don't have a frame of reference. Having a heated steering wheel is great if you haven't had one before.

The matrix headlights are really awesome and I'd recommend getting them. I'd get the model designation done in black. The panoramic roof divides opinion, I didn't get it - I'm never in the back anyway - the metal roof looks better anyway and is loads lighter etc. The snag is a roof rack is only available for the pano roof, so if you need that then the decision is made.

I wouldn't bother with the black logo rear strip.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMKGBF35

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Hello all,

I am located in the UK (SE).

Its new car time, and with the BIK changes in the UK the obvious choice is a Tycan. I work in the EV sector, so am committed to a new EV. I test drove the EQC, Model S, Model 3, e-tron, i-Pace and the Tycan (Saloon), and the Tycan is the best for me (range, performance).

I had almost ordered the Tycan 4 back in Jan, but now think I will go for the CT4. I like the bigger car, more room, and seems to be more value for the money.

It will be my daily driver (daily commute 25 miles each way on dual carriageway), probably to a longer trips every other week.

Below is how I have configured the car, very interested in thoughts and guidance from those who know and have experience. Everyone has a different view on 'value', but I find with cars some options are must haves, and some are gimmicks. I am moving from an S-Line A4, speed is not that important to me.

I do about 15k miles a year now, used to do a lot more. Family trips are in my wife's car (which has the 3 child seats in it).

- Volcano Grey
- Standard Black partial leather (is grey better)?
- Park assist with camera
- Innodrive with ACC (might downgrade to ACC, I spend a lot of time in traffic and wish I had it in my Audi)
- Bose Sound system
- Electric Sound (seemed good on the test drive car)
- Door sill guards in black (free)
- Porsche logo in glass look integrated into rear light strip (not sure what this is)
- Thermally insulated glass
- Standard 2 zone CC
- Standard 8 way seats
- Ambient Lighting
- Black Accent Package
- Driver memory pack (takes me ages getting comfortable after my wife drives my car)
- Taycan Turbo S Alloy wheels
- Pano roof (I read a lot about issues with the sun, is this an issue in the UK?)

I plan to install my own home 32A charger (probably a myenergi Zappi or Anderson A2), any recommendations on this?

Thanks in advance.
Nice spec, Volcano grey would also be my colour choice - I’d go with black leather rather than grey, but it’s what you think looks best!.

personally I’d remove the rear light strip, remove Innodrive (which you won’t use on your commute) and save a good chunk by not having the Turbo S wheels, although they do look good.

You also need to learn to spell Taycan! :)

OP
OP

UK_Tycan

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag
WOW I do need to learn to spell!

Thanks for the tips, going to order today!

What are the thoughts on the Pano roof and bars?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a 4S in Volcano (as you can see). Interior in std black is not great - too much plastic. Extended leather is a serious consideration if budget permits. 2-tone - crayon / black makes the interior pop. Additional space in CT is "debatable" so look upon it as being a tad more practical to get awkward items into the hatch. Headroom is better in the rear.

If you do go CT then there is the choice of Taycan 4 or 4S - which one as they are different beasts and only 4S is currently available in the saloon?

Matrix lights as mentioned are great but pricey.

Pano roof is obligatory - no heat issues whatsoever.

Don't mess with the light strip - standard is just fine.

Chrome / Satin / Gloss Black window surrounds - contentious issue on the forum but choose wisely!

360 view camera (not 3D) is a must.

Steering Plus (PSP) - speed sensitive steering - excellent.

150kW DC 400V charger convertor (a must).

Roof bars only for saloon, rails plus bars on the CT, cycle carrier for rear is an options but hugely expensive (comes in 2 parts - fitting kit is a factory option and the carrier can be sourced later if that appeals).
Sponsored