f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes I'm going for Ice Grey so the electric port adds a nice detail to the side of the car.
With regards to manoeuvring with rws, if you park close to a kerb and have to full lock to extricate yourself then the rear wheel will turn out and can contact the kerb. When it happened to me I had to be close to the kerb as I lived on a narrow street in London. I got boxed in at night by two other cars so I had to full lock to get out.
I hope my description is clear, I understand it's a fairly niche thing to happen but with thinking about depending on where you will be parking frequently.
I'm ordering the GTS ST as a family wagon so rws is of my radar anyway.
The rear swinging round in an unaccustomed way was my concern about rear wheel steering at first but since nobody until you had mentioned it as a problem I had specified it to reduce the turning circle and get into tight spaces.
The chassis dynamics benefits probably need a better driver than me to appreciate...

I am too tight to spend £400 on the charging cover when I am next to it when it is both opened and closed. I do appreciate the aero benefits of its absence too but it will be small.
Sponsored

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Yes I appreciate my experience was probably a needle in a haystack and may/hopefully never be replicated...

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The rear swinging round in an unaccustomed way was my concern about rear wheel steering at first but since nobody until you had mentioned it as a problem I had specified it to reduce the turning circle and get into tight spaces.
The chassis dynamics benefits probably need a better driver than me to appreciate...

I am too tight to spend £400 on the charging cover when I am next to it when it is both opened and closed. I do appreciate the aero benefits of its absence too but it will be small.
I have read about a strange feeling when driving a car with RWS. I have had it on a 5 touring and on an X5. I never felt something strange. Parking is easy and intuitive. My wife doesn’t know the cars had RWS and she doesn’t even know what it does but she never said driving those cars gave a strange feeling.

I can’t imagine that they would include it standard on a turbo S if the driving experience isn’t perfect.

Doesn’t it steer away from the side of the road earlier because of the rear wheels turning in the opposite direction?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Needing to manouevre in a tight garage space, I initially thought that RWS would be a benefit. Then I started worrying about the rear of the car heading towards an obstacle as I steered away from it. But on further thought, the maximum 2.8 degs rear turn would only be an issue while the car has turned less than 2.8 degs away from the obstacle- a very short time at full (front) lock. But this is all theoretical- I'll have to wait to see what actually happens.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Needing to manouevre in a tight garage space, I initially thought that RWS would be a benefit. Then I started worrying about the rear of the car heading towards an obstacle as I steered away from it. But on further thought, the maximum 2.8 degs rear turn would only be an issue while the car has turned less than 2.8 degs away from the obstacle- a very short time at full (front) lock. But this is all theoretical- I'll have to wait to see what actually happens.
Because of the long wheel base there is not much bumper left behind the rear wheels to move in an opposite way. It sounds like some really tight parking. But I have never driven in London.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Because of the long wheel base there is not much bumper left behind the rear wheels to move in an opposite way.
True, and one quickly gets used to having more rear overhang anyway (hopefully before scraping something!). My concern was more about how close the wheel might get to my garage wall (to keep as far away as possible from all the stuff that clutters the rest of our double garage) or kerbs. Anyway, I'm keeping RWS on my order as, having experienced it on a Cayenne otherwise identical to my own, it definitely felt more agile (and I only found out why after I'd commented on it feeling different). The Cayenne has 3.0 degs max RWS so I'm expecting similar feel on the Taycan.

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Hi all,

New to this forum having just put my order in for a Taycan CT 4S. My first Porsche and can't tell you how excited I am.

My current car is a Tesla Model 3 Performance and speccing that car was almost too easy. Paint, interior colour and Autopilot and that's it!

The Taycan is an altogether different prospect with a list of options as long as my arm and no combination packs to take the hassle out of it.

This is my spec and I'm trying to keep at £100k or less can anyone tell if I'm missing anything or there is anything you'd lose?

TCT4S 16-12-2021.PNG

TCT4S Ext 16-12-2021.jpg

TCT4S Int 16-12-2021.jpg
Good spec, do not leave anything out. RWsteering is great. Heated steering wheel is in GB good. Also, extended leather is so nice, so think about that, Bordeaux Red kicks ass…

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Good spec, do not leave anything out. RWsteering is great. Heated steering wheel is in GB good. Also, extended leather is so nice, so think about that, Bordeaux Red kicks ass…
I’m minded to spend the extra money and get the GTS. I have a reserve on both the 4S CT and GTS ST at the moment but there’s no clue on delivery on the latter. If I do go GTS I’ll probably add the Volcano Grey metallic and the red leather. There used to be 911 Targa GTS with that colour scheme around our way and it was beautiful. GTS comes with a lot of the bells and whistles and I haven’t heard or seen anything but great reviews.
Sponsored

Last edited: