OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Wait just saw a picture of your car - it's black

I'd probably recommend Silver/Mission E wheels
Mines white and I’m going full black wheels just deciding which black

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Hmm I wish there was option to paint the spokes black, gold rims look amazing though
Black gloss does look nice, just wonder how they would fair after 6 months. I had black matt on my last car and they cleaned up okay.

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
Jet black = metallic black with little pearl effect in the paint

High gloss black = just deep glossy black (same as window frames)

my dealersaid that they would choose jet black only with the same color car.

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
Hi, any one have experience with the stock 19 inch wheels on Taycan 4S?
I was told by my advisor that it would be best to get those with the 4S due to ride quality and handling on our notsogood roads in Texas.
And that if I wanted to swap out for other wheels later it was a simple matter (other than spending the $$$).
Thoughts?

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Hi, any one have experience with the stock 19 inch wheels on Taycan 4S?
I was told by my advisor that it would be best to get those with the 4S due to ride quality and handling on our notsogood roads in Texas.
And that if I wanted to swap out for other wheels later it was a simple matter (other than spending the $$$).
Thoughts?
You might want to think twice about 21s if you drive on really bad roads but the 20s still have plenty of rubber to them. IMHO the 19s mainly exist for people who want to use them as winters or as a free option for those who are planning on buying aftermarket rims.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You might want to think twice about 21s if you drive on really bad roads but the 20s still have plenty of rubber to them. IMHO the 19s mainly exist for people who want to use them as winters or as a free option for those who are planning on buying aftermarket rims.
It's interesting to see the options. I can say without a doubt, wheels are the most subjective and individual choice that you can make on a car - even more than the color. I would say they elicit the widest range of opinions. For any single set of rims, you'll have "...those look amazing!, "...I would pay you to remove those from my car"...:facepalm:

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
I actually really like the way the 19 stocks look on the car. And the ride is so sublime!
But am worried (I know its irrational and I should not be!) about the comments from folks that those shout out 'I did not want to pay for upgrade'. :crying:

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I actually really like the way the 19 stocks look on the car. And the ride is so sublime!
But am worried (I know its irrational and I should not be!) about the comments from folks that those shout out 'I did not want to pay for upgrade'. :crying:
Enjoy the stock wheels and upgrade when you feel the urge to have something better. Converted our stock 21" Macan wheels to winter use and installed 21" Forged custom-designed (my width & offset) HRE wheels - they weigh 23.5 lbs. each (front and rear wheels are same weight).

Porsche Taycan Help with wheels Macan_Turbo_HRE_Wheels_2

Last edited:

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Enjoy the stock wheels and upgrade when you feel the urge to have something better. Converted our stock 21" Macan wheels to winter use and installed 21" Forged custom-designed (my width & offset) HRE wheels - they weigh 17 lbs. each (front and rear wheels are same weight).

Macan_Turbo_HRE_Wheels_2.jpg
Looks awesome. 17lb / wheel is amazing!

I take the same approach for all my cars. Stock wheels get converted to winter rubber, and new wheels with summer rubber!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
That’s what I've added as i was concerned that with the standard flap it could get broken off!!!!!!
Broken off? I've driven electric for eight years. And cars for 40 years. I've never had a charge port door or gas filler door broken off.

The motors of the electric charge port doors are more complex than a simple manual flap... if you are worried about stuff breaking.

On the subject of Electric vs Manual charge port doors: If you choose the electric doors, you lose the aerodynamic vents exiting from the front wheel well. The "vents" are blocked.

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Broken off? I've driven electric for eight years. And cars for 40 years. I've never had a charge port door or gas filler door broken off.

The motors of the electric charge port doors are more complex than a simple manual flap... if you are worried about stuff breaking.

On the subject of Electric vs Manual charge port doors: If you choose the electric doors, you lose the aerodynamic vents exiting from the front wheel well. The "vents" are blocked.
I'm thinking more about when leaving the car on charge over night in a hotel car park etc, and someone snapping off the port cover
Unfortunately there are morons that would do that
Sponsored