high battery temperature while fast charging?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I am in cold Stockholm with -8C and quite a bit of snow at the moment. GOM still showing more than 3r0 km range, which I think is very good. Car parked in underground car park for a few days though and freshlyAC charged.

The Taycan on 20 inch winter tyres is a hoot to drive. On a deserted supermarket (huge) car park, it was fun experiencing the 4 wheel drive and stability systems. So much fun, could do that all day!
As my car was sourced via a company salary-sacrifice scheme I really regret not getting the winter tyre set at the same time and taking advantage of the tax saving.

I’ve always had them on previous performance cars and the Taycan is undoubtedly skittish in low temperatures on summer 21” tyres. A drive to and from Holt this weekend for my wife’s birthday was testament to that! If the tax situation is still favourable when my lease is up and I go again, it’ll be my number one option but, for now, it’s exposing myself to the tender mercies of Greater Anglia and our decrepit rail network for more journeys over the winter.
Sponsored

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
friends, here comes the situation:

Scenario: -5 Celsius outside, heading to Porsche Supercharger (up to 300kw I believe). Nav set, battery pre-heating. Arrived at 32 Celsius in the battery pack, 20% SoC. Started charging at 160kw/h, then dropped to 120kw/h upon reaching 80%. The battery temperature ended up as seen in the picture.

Question: is it normal? The fans were audible, snow/slush was covering the wheel arches (maybe some airflow restrictions?). Did not climb further, cooled to 31 Celsius quickly after disconnecting and driving a bit.

IMG_4984.jpg
normal for dc charging