Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
The things you do for scientific consumer information! Well done. 🤣🤣

Hope the croissants were nice!
i’m a bit of data freak too ... 😅

croissants are the best you could eat: they are from a … Japanese patisserie ! He makes marvelous cakes, chocolat, etc… Better than everything you could have in France ( and I’m French 😅). He got several gold/silver medals in international competitions

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063303996068
Sponsored

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a really good test I guess, 😊 thank you…Consumption is low and seems very stable then..Curious for tomorrow ☺
but before that, I repeated this morning's test on the way back home. Only one difference: the car stayed underground the whole day (where temp. is about 17°C), and the battery reached 12°C
Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start Screenshot_20240227-200513

I have to go up several levels before reaching the street, requiring some power in the very beginning. Heater was dead flat the whole trip, resulting to a short trip consumption around 18 kWh / 100km. Better than this morning, less traffic and a bit more downhill than uphill.

Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start Screenshot_20240227-200541

let's see tomorrow in Sport plus mode and ... thursday with all on : AC, seats, music, ... ;)

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
but before that, I repeated this morning's test on the way back home. Only one difference: the car stayed underground the whole day (where temp. is about 17°C), and the battery reached 12°C
Screenshot_20240227-200513.png

I have to go up several levels before reaching the street, requiring some power in the very beginning. Heater was dead flat the whole trip, resulting to a short trip consumption around 18 kWh / 100km. Better than this morning, less traffic and a bit more downhill than uphill.

Screenshot_20240227-200541.png

let's see tomorrow in Sport plus mode and ... thursday with all on : AC, seats, music, ... ;)
So the heater changed the consumption mostly today.. Let’s see what we will see with your great test☺👍

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, conditions were slightly different this morning but it doesn’t affect the conclusion IMHO.

Car was slightly coverd by a thin layer of ice. i never use ice scrappers so i decided to use the preheat to remove it before starting the car. After 13mn, SoC went down by 2.7%. But the battery temp. also raised to 9°.

Trip was almost identical to yesterday (bakery is closed on Wednesdays, so no croissant...) with slightly more traffic.

- heater didn’t start. Batt. temp was below the minimum temp according to the pic on the previous page, but Sport + mode didn’t trigger it. Heater fluid went down slowly (like yesterday). Batt. stayed at 9°C
- short trip consumption is almost identical to yesterday. Range or Sport + modes have no influence on the consumption when driving downtown.

The higher consumption in winter seems to be related only to the heater. I could re-run these tests in summer… i’ll have to wait a few months for that. I’ll drive tomorrow with AC on to confirm it.

Heater is quite powerful (oversized ?): it can bring the cabin to the desired temp. very fast, but this comes with a price on the consumption.

Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start screenshot_20240228-105222

Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start screenshot_20240228-105347

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, conditions were slightly different this morning but it doesn’t affect the conclusion IMHO.

Car was slightly coverd by a thin layer of ice. i never use ice scrappers so i decided to use the preheat to remove it before starting the car. After 13mn, SoC went down by 2.7%. But the battery temp. also raised to 9°.

Trip was almost identical to yesterday (bakery is closed on Wednesdays, so no croissant...) with slightly more traffic.

- heater didn’t start. Batt. temp was below the minimum temp according to the pic on the previous page, but Sport + mode didn’t trigger it. Heater fluid went down slowly (like yesterday). Batt. stayed at 9°C
- short trip consumption is almost identical to yesterday. Range or Sport + modes have no influence on the consumption when driving downtown.

The higher consumption in winter seems to be related only to the heater. I could re-run these tests in summer… i’ll have to wait a few months for that. I’ll drive tomorrow with AC on to confirm it.

Heater is quite powerful (oversized ?): it can bring the cabin to the desired temp. very fast, but this comes with a price on the consumption.

screenshot_20240228-105222.png

screenshot_20240228-105347.png
I think thanks to you this is a very good info for everyone ☺I am also surprised sport+ mode doesn’t even change consumption👍🙄

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
and the last test this morning:

- very similar initial conditions: outside temp. slightly higher than yesterday (9°). battery temp. (8°) one degree less
- exact same trip
- but in Range mode with AC (set on auto 21°)
Heater did start high, and worked during the whole trip, while inside temp. was rising slowly.

To make a long (results below) story short:
- Sport Plus / no AC : Short trip consumption = 22 kWh / 100 km
- Range mode / AC on : Short trip consumption = 44 kWh / 100 km

This is consistent with the SoC at start/end of theses short (downtown) trips.

Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start screenshot_20240229-103959

Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start screenshot_20240229-104033

Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start screenshot_20240229-104150

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
and the last test this morning:

- very similar initial conditions: outside temp. slightly higher than yesterday (9°). battery temp. (8°) one degree less
- exact same trip
- but in Range mode with AC (set on auto 21°)
Heater did start high, and worked during the whole trip, while inside temp. was rising slowly.

To make a long (results below) story short:
- Sport Plus / no AC : Short trip consumption = 22 kWh / 100 km
- Range mode / AC on : Short trip consumption = 44 kWh / 100 km

This is consistent with the SoC at start/end of theses short (downtown) trips.

screenshot_20240229-103959.png

screenshot_20240229-104033.png

screenshot_20240229-104150.png
Isn’t that a big surprise?I’m a little confused with range mode with much higher consumption🙄I thought a/c wouldn’t make that much difference with range mode set to 21 degrees in your test

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes ... and no. As an example, if we assume the heater requires a constant 3 kWh,
- driving at 100km/hr, assuming we need 20 kWh to move the car, the total consumption would be 23 kWh / 100 km
- but driving downtown at an average speed of 16 km/h, with the same consumption of 20 kWh, the total consumption would now be 38 kWh / 100 km
(I hope i didn't mix the kWh, km/h and kW 😅 )

If I had to drive for let's say 6h downtown, the heater would require less and less energy to maintain the car at 21°, and that very high number would go down slowly.

The difference is huge in these tests due to the short trip combined with slow speed

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
a 8hr trip : heater was mainly on when approaching the charging stops and preheating the battery for fast charging.
It won't add much at these speeds on highway

Porsche Taycan High consumption after first start Screenshot_20240229-215208

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes ... and no. As an example, if we assume the heater requires a constant 3 kWh,
- driving at 100km/hr, assuming we need 20 kWh to move the car, the total consumption would be 23 kWh / 100 km
- but driving downtown at an average speed of 16 km/h, with the same consumption of 20 kWh, the total consumption would now be 38 kWh / 100 km
(I hope i didn't mix the kWh, km/h and kW 😅 )

If I had to drive for let's say 6h downtown, the heater would require less and less energy to maintain the car at 21°, and that very high number would go down slowly.

The difference is huge in these tests due to the short trip combined with slow speed
Ok thanks for the explanation ☺Now high consumption after first start makes much more sense with your tests👍So the best way for a low consumption after first start with low speeds is keeping the a/c off then?

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes... in combination with a pair of gloves, winter jacket, and something to demist the side windows and windshield 😯
I'll keep the AC on 😆

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes... in combination with a pair of gloves, winter jacket, and something to demist the side windows and windshield 😯
I'll keep the AC on 😆
Yeah for sure 😅🤘but finally I’m much more clear and thanks☺☺also I’m more happy with my individual setting set to all sport+ except chassis level medium because of many bumps when exiting the garage☺
Sponsored

Reactions: Gru