High pitched noise low speed - light acceleration or light braking

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have the same noise on my CT4. Giving light press on the accelerator or break padle when driving between 10 and 40 km/h. And the same if I have regen on in that same speed segment. It definitely was not like that when I got the car. Have appointment with Porsche on the 13th.

Driving my 6 month old Porsche sound like a 30 year old Volvo at low speeds.
Let us know what Porsche says ;)
Sponsored

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I have the same noise on my CT4. Giving light press on the accelerator or break padle when driving between 10 and 40 km/h. And the same if I have regen on in that same speed segment. It definitely was not like that when I got the car. Have appointment with Porsche on the 13th.

Driving my 6 month old Porsche sound like a 30 year old Volvo at low speeds.
Please let us know what Porsche say. Hopefully it's better than simply stating "it's normal"!

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
Will post an update once Porsche has come with their opinion on the matter

MrGPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 991.2 GT3 6MT, 997.2 6MT, DB11,560SL
Country flag
Oh we have exactly the same thing - notice it even more when turning into a corner at circa 15mph

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
My car is going in tomorrow (Porsche Reading) in relation to this issue. I am not going to accept this is "normal" unless they explain the cause of the noise and if it happens to all other Taycans.

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
No. Had it in and the shop forman had a listen. Said that he would do some research and get back to me with an appointment for the shop for them to have a look. Still haven't heard back.
Thanks for the update. I will let you know what Porsche say about my car when I can.

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I have exactly the same issue (2020 CT 4s). Below 20mph, under light acceleration the whole car squeals (heard with window down) and under regen and braking at the same low speeds. I've mentioned it twice during OPC services and no one has been able to find out why "It's normal" apparently. It's a hideous high pitched sound (that is not the normal electric motor whir) and makes the car sound like a 20 year old transit van. Occurs in a straight line and when cornering. If anyone finds a way to solve it, do please share, thank you.
What brakes do you have?

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Maserati Levante SQ4
Country flag
Mine's been into service twice for this same noise issue at low speeds. Happens at turns, straight line. They originally changed the rear rotors but that hasn't fixed it.

Its going back a 3rd time in July.

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I have just spoken to Porsche Reading. They accepted the noise is not coming from the brakes. They also test drove other Taycans and found that the noise did not emit from them. So they apparently have taken a sound file of the noise and sent it to Porsche to review. Concurrently, they are seeking the cause of the noise. At this stage I’m staying neutral on the outcome. Let’s wait and see.

solid_snake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
thank you all for following up here with your experiences. It is helpful to hear what porsche has to say to you all. Now that its summer in the east coast I've been opening the windows and turning off the AC but on local roads where i drive slow the sound has been driving me nuts

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been experiencing this very annoying sound. Once you notice the sound it gets entrenched in eternal annoyance o_O. It happens when driving at low speeds under light acceleration or light regen braking between speeds of 15-35kmph. The Porsche tech in my country “can’t hear it” so I’ve shared this video with them as well, but wanted a crowd sourced diagnosis in case the techs say it’s “normal” and I have to escalate this matter with Porsche MIDDLE EAST. I’ve managed to take a video of the issue. You may need to turn up the volume, it’s a high pitched sound when the car is moving.
Hi,
I have the exact same noise as well with only 700 km.. I didn’t have time to take the car to the dealer for inspection.. It stops when I brake , it only exist at low speeds

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I have been experiencing this very annoying sound. Once you notice the sound it gets entrenched in eternal annoyance o_O. It happens when driving at low speeds under light acceleration or light regen braking between speeds of 15-35kmph. The Porsche tech in my country “can’t hear it” so I’ve shared this video with them as well, but wanted a crowd sourced diagnosis in case the techs say it’s “normal” and I have to escalate this matter with Porsche MIDDLE EAST. I’ve managed to take a video of the issue. You may need to turn up the volume, it’s a high pitched sound when the car is moving.
What brakes does your car have? Are they normal, PSCB or PCCB?