Zwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Maybe there is a simple solution I'm missing, as this must happen to nearly everyone here, but I can't find anyone posting about it:

Whenever I leave my garage, I'm in reverse, and the rear camera is on, taking up the whole screen. When I get to my driveway, I have to X out of the camera, so the Homelink option is showing on the main screen, then I hit that to close the garage, then hit the camera button again to continue leaving my driveway.

Is there a way around this little dance I do multiple times a day?
Sponsored

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
You are correct it’s an awful arrangement for anyone who needs to back out of a garage.

my workaround (thanks to some folks on this forum) is this.

Program only one door into the pcm. I had two and had to delete the second door opener.

With only one homelink device programmed you can activate it from the far right of the PCM screen and the little homelink icon below the LTE section.

I can’t remember, but I may have had to delete all devices and start over to get the homelink icon to work. Overall, it’s not a perfect solution but it’s better.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’m using the diamond button on the steering wheel and not the pcm screen to open and close the garage door
I've also programmed the diamond button on the steering wheel to open/close the garage door, which works flawlessly.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I’m using the diamond button on the steering wheel and not the pcm screen to open and close the garage door
I did not figure this out. However, can you tell me if pressing the diamond when programmed actually opens/closes the door or simply brings up a PCM pop up that you still have to hit to open/close. I set up HomeLink but then gave up and just using a garage physical remote to open/close because there is no way I am pressing/holding PCM screen for this.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
The diamond button is opening closing the door and I change the parameters not to have the screen pop up on pcm and no gps position.
Works perfectly and somebody next to you would not know what you clicked to open the door.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The diamond button is opening closing the door and I change the parameters not to have the screen pop up on pcm and no gps position.
Works perfectly and somebody next to you would not know what you clicked to open the door.
Very helpful, I would try it asap. I will have to figure out how to be sure no pop up on PCM and no GPS so it is as stealth as you say.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With only one homelink device programmed you can activate it from the far right of the PCM screen and the little homelink icon below the LTE section.
Exactly this. Reversing out in the morning, I click the little house icon on the far right of the screen while still in camera mode.

Coming home at night, the "Homelink" button option appears in the bottom left over top of anything on the screen.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Maybe there is a simple solution I'm missing, as this must happen to nearly everyone here, but I can't find anyone posting about it:

Whenever I leave my garage, I'm in reverse, and the rear camera is on, taking up the whole screen. When I get to my driveway, I have to X out of the camera, so the Homelink option is showing on the main screen, then I hit that to close the garage, then hit the camera button again to continue leaving my driveway.

You can program either the diamond button on the left side of the steering wheel, it the one on the right side of the main display to activate HomeLink. If you hold either one of them down for a few seconds it will activate the programming mode. HomeLink will be one of the options. This will not work if you have more than one garage door programmed for HomeLink.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Backing into the garage would be another option to help with this....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Programme the Joker / Diamond button on the wheel or instrument panel to activate Homelink. You will ultimately have to x the Homelink prompt to clear it but not to activate.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
The little house in the lower RH corner of the screen is the Homelink button when the camera is on.

OP
OP
Zwick

Zwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks for all the great advice here. Turns out I do have two garage doors programmed and frequently open and close both from within the car. So I'll have to decide on the trade-offs of going back to only using just the main garage opener. Feels like I'm just going to have to live with the "reverse, exit garage, close camera, close garage, turn on camera" routine.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Would be better if they could move the pop up window to a different location.

The trouble with using the diamond buton(s) as some have suggested is that it pops up the homelink window (and blocks the camera screen) if you have more than one opener programmed.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This thread helped me by not using the garage remote itself as I first programmed 2 doors as usual and that pop up over the camera view and press/hold was just too much and not usable. I programmed the instrument cluster button for just one door ,as suggested here, without GPS on, and it works great just by pressing it. If they would have just left the 3 home link hardware buttons alone in the rear view mirror cluster that would have been ideal. This is especially troubling when all of us have been conditioned for these hardware buttons, and this touch screen execution is a big step backwards.

Similar frustration I am finding with XM radio when a feature that is there in our PCM 3.1 Macan and PCM 5.0 Cayenne where you can tag a Song or an Artist as a favorite to be reminded when it is playing live somewhere again. There is no such as thing in PCM 6 in the Taycan, all you can do is favorite a station.
Sponsored