Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Go into a tight car park, go down the most narrow isle, then try to turn around. If you've been driving for awhile, it should be obvious to you that the turning radius is tighter than your intuition would have you expect. It's not scientific nor empirical. But it's obvious to me that it is working on that basis alone.
I agree. I have it. It’s pretty obvious, even though it’s hard to spot the wheels moving from the drivers seat I do notice the back end subtitly moving when I pull out of my tight drive. you can also turn down the mirror and do a couple of opposite turns in a car park - you can see the wheel move.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all
I paid for rear axle steering, but when I drive slowly around my drive, the rear wheels don't appear to turn. How would I know if the option is on my car?
Go to My Porsche App, tap the picture of your car or About my vehicle, scroll down to Technical Data, tap More technical data and your spec is displayed.

RAS if fitted will be listed under Transmission / Chassis.

Wheel turn is quite subtle and speed / direction dependent.

There is a separate thread where a member posted a video for me when I had the same doubt last year.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Go to My Porsche App, tap the picture of your car or About my vehicle, scroll down to Technical Data, tap More technical data and your spec is displayed.

RAS if fitted will be listed under Transmission / Chassis.

Wheel turn is quite subtle and speed / direction dependent.

There is a separate thread where a member posted a video for me when I had the same doubt last year.
Thanks for this. I found the other thread late last night and took a video of the window - the rear wheels do turn! Cheers everybody!

Last edited:

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah!
I love it in mine - no question it makes everyday driving (u-turns, parking lots, etc) easier.