How do I know whether the 150KW onboard charger or other internal components are missing from my build?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you to everyone for your responses! You all understood what I was asking better than I did. For whatever reason, I did not comprehend that the 400v 150kW voltage converter option is not required to charge at rates above 50kW at Electrify America (EA). Because I charged at a rate less than 50kW, I was concerned that the 400v 150kW option was not installed. Unfortunately, there is a charging video on YouTube that provides that EA 150kW chargers are 400v and the Taycan will not charge above 50kW at EA 150kW charging stations without the option (reference at 2:49 to 3:08):

Based on the responses, the video appears to be incorrect because EA charging stations are 800 volts.

I am pleased to report today, I could charge at approximately 130kW at a different EA location. Per the suggestion, I am asking the dealer to print out the build codes to compare to my Monroney label to ensure the only missing component is the steering column adjustment. I am grateful that you all provided me with excellent insights.
It could be that some older EA charge points are 400V but I'm guessing at this point as I don't live in America to use the service. In UK / Europe we have a mix so for the small cost of the converter option it makes sense to tick the box 'just in case'.

With Tesla opening up their network to non-Tesla owners then I believe the option will be useful as I understand that these are 400V.
Sponsored