how to charge immediately but to 85% only?

OP
OP

xahhax

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I agree, it is not very intuitive but there is some logic to this as I see it.

You know that the car will start charging immediately when you plug it in with a minimum set to 25%. According to Porsche that is so that it is gentle on the battery and also prepares the car if you need to depart sooner than charging start has been set.

Once it has charged to the minimum level set between 25 to 100%, the car will stop at the set level and await further instructions. That is the “minimum” as described by Porsche.

The further instructions could then be to charge to a set level for departure in the morning or next afternoon or next week. Whatever you set with a Timer. It could also be controlled by their Home Energy Manager to only charge when there is enough Solar Power available etc. Then it will try to charge to the set level if there is enough time.

So if you treat it as

Profile: start charging when plugged in to set level and stop and wait gor further instructions.
Timer: Charge to Timer set level at time chosen and start charging when it calculates that enough time is available yo reach Timer set charging level.

If no timer is set the car will start charging when plugged in and then stop for further instructions, but there is none and thus the level set is the charge level achieved ( minimum, which has become the maximum?).

This could of course have been done in a far easier way, but the main thing is that it works. I have had no problems with this with either PMCC or a Tesla Wall connector either at home or as destination charger at hotels etc.
Yes it works just an engineer's logic, not a UI designer :)
Its part of the charm and I supposed the reason those drive so well!
Sponsored