How to remove a-pillar?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I haven't been able to find any pictures, so I'm asking. Do you have pictures of what the a pillar looks like underneath so I know how to remove it? I want to fix how the dealer installed it, but I also don't want to break any clips. Going back to the dealer is always a process which I want to avoid.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Cut top and bottom and you can remove the a-pillar.
We're here to help you. 👍🏻

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
I haven't been able to find any pictures, so I'm asking. Do you have pictures of what the a pillar looks like underneath so I know how to remove it? I want to fix how the dealer installed it, but I also don't want to break any clips. Going back to the dealer is always a process which I want to avoid.
I get that you asked this question months ago but saw this on the "similar threads" box at the bottom of the page.

The answer to your question is to loosen it out with nothing but a bit of force and then you'll see a metal clip at the top that has a sliding flat-section that you need to slide out with a hook in order to release the clip. it has a hole in it.

The trim is then secured by a strap attached to a push fitting that you need to remove in order to fully uninstall the A-Pillar trim piece.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I get that you asked this question months ago but saw this on the "similar threads" box at the bottom of the page.

The answer to your question is to loosen it out with nothing but a bit of force and then you'll see a metal clip at the top that has a sliding flat-section that you need to slide out with a hook in order to release the clip. it has a hole in it.

The trim is then secured by a strap attached to a push fitting that you need to remove in order to fully uninstall the A-Pillar trim piece.
Very interesting but I feel that might be problematic to put back?

I'm definitely not from the YouTube generation but in this case, pics or videos would be helpful 😁

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Very interesting but I feel that might be problematic to put back?

I'm definitely not from the YouTube generation but in this case, pics or videos would be helpful 😁
It wasn’t for me but if you’re not capable of figuring this out in-situ I really don’t recommend you mess around with it.

I’ve no need to remove mine again and didn’t take any photos or anything as it’s fairly simple to be honest.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It wasn’t for me but if you’re not capable of figuring this out in-situ I really don’t recommend you mess around with it.

I’ve no need to remove mine again and didn’t take any photos or anything as it’s fairly simple to be honest.
If it's simple, I believe you.

OP
OP
TaycanCook

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Go on ebay and search for taycan a pillar. You will find a few listings with pics detailed enough that you might want to attempt this. There looks to be two clips, top and middle. The rest is friction fit from what it looks like.
Sponsored